Duluth trading

yoda

Anyone every use any of the 0ants for hunting ? Say the flexpadition , these in particular seem to be very much like first lite stuff..

Duluth Trading gets a nod from a lot of guys I hunt with. I've had good luck with DuluthFlex Dry on Fly. I think prAna is as good or better. Sitka can be cheaper than Duluth at times.

I use their briar pants and LOVE LOVE LOVE Them!!!! I have yet to find ANYTHING that will get through them, and I have tried HARD!!! Not a scratch on them!!!! Thorns, cactus, cat-claw, briars, honey locust.... these pants LAUGH at those things!!!!

That being said... I hate their online exchange policy. From now on I will try and buy in store.

I think I am one of the guys Grant is speaking of. Bluf: for the money they are tough to beat.

I have hunted pretty extensively in the Duluthflex Dry-on-the-fly pants, and the Black Hills pants (the predecessor of the Flexpedition). Both have been great for me. The Dry-on-the-fly are an early season pant. I would start to wear the Black hills pants once snow flies, or the high temps are down in the low forties. I went on a nine day lion hunt with another HT'r last January and brought the Blackhills and a pair of Sitka Timberline pants, and they performed pretty close (minus the waterproof knees and seat on the Sitkas).

I will be in MT for 2 weeks in September fishing and elk hunting and I will be wearing the heck out of them....

Thanks for the input fellas !!, I will definitely try some on before I buy... thanks again

Good to know about the pants! So weird - just ordered two pairs of Duluth's Alaskan Merino Wool boxer briefs and then saw this thread. Anyone have feedback on those?

I've run the Dry on the Fly Fex for a number of years, probably 5 now? They will stay permanently "flexed" after a couple years of wear and washing, and if you wear them for a week straight or more they will get pretty stretched out if they are older. I like them, but they are getting very expensive for what they are IMO. I think I paid $60 for my first pair, and they're up to $90? now. The waist band leaves something to be desired for backpacking, as they tend to bunch up right at the small of your back.

I found some pants at Costco for $18, that are fantastic, and have been wearing them a lot this year in the field with zero issues or complaints. Lawnboy mentioned them a while back... Our Costco finally got some in.

I own a ton of Duluth Trading stuff. They make some really good quality items.

A word of caution: I made the mistake of wearing my flannel lined firehose (not flex) pants on my first ever mule deer hunt along with the man-can underwear. Let's just say that my poor boys gasped for breath every time my pants were un-zipped to take a leak. The regular fire hose pants last forever, but don't breath well.

I haven't tried the other pants you mentioned, but I'm sure they're made with as good of quality as the other DT items and are great.

Another big positive for me is that they make pants in a 36" inseam that are actually available in the stores. I own three pairs of the fire hose flex pants in that size and they are extremely comfortable and durable.

A new Duluth store was opened in Anchorage, so I went in to look for a new fleece jacket. I tried on 2 different coats (both in 2XL) one fit ok (but rejected on a minor construction issue) the other one was so small it wouldn't zip up.
I'm done shopping there.

I've run the Dry on the Fly Fex for a number of years, probably 5 now? They will stay permanently "flexed" after a couple years of wear and washing, and if you wear them for a week straight or more they will get pretty stretched out if they are older. I like them, but they are getting very expensive for what they are IMO. I think I paid $60 for my first pair, and they're up to $90? now. The waist band leaves something to be desired for backpacking, as they tend to bunch up right at the small of your back.

I found some pants at Costco for $18, that are fantastic, and have been wearing them a lot this year in the field with zero issues or complaints. Lawnboy mentioned them a while back... Our Costco finally got some in.

Do they have a name for the pants?

I snagged a pair of the Firehouse work pants based on info from another forum on this site. Supposed to be good against snakes, cactus, etc. For $70 + tax they better be. Cactus spines are usually my biggest issue. Unfortunately my hunt plans have gone from hunting to tag filling so we'll see.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back