Droping Antlers Yet?

WildThang

Hey I'v been out a few times recently and was wondering if anyone has seen Elk, or Deer without there antlers yet. I'm thinking any day now.

Hell here in MN we were seein some one antlered deer in Mid Dec and I saw a few guys that had shot what they thought were some huge does last week of archery season and turned out to be some decent bucks with no horns already.
We had some early snows here tho with some ice on top of the snow so winter has been hard already

Hey Wild, most of the deer have lost both horns here. In fact, I've found 2 matched sets while hauling hay last week. Both boy's (one's 2 and one's 3) now have a crude mount on their closet doors to put their cowboy hats on. Just like dad does! Monkey see, monkey do you know ;)

Yep here in western ND the deer are dropping horns left and right. Might be that it was -25 air temp this week without wind chill and we have over 40" of snow.

Was talking to my dad a few days ago. Seems the whitetails are dropping in MT. His dog has brought 5 back to the porch so far...

I'd give the elk a break for a couple more months at least. I've seen lots of bulls in years past packing in mid to late April

Saw a whitetail buck in AZ this morning. Couldn't put a stalk on him. They haven't dropped yet, but it sure did look like his antlers might be shrinking ;)

;)I guess your right Mossie, same with Big game hunting in Idaho there are no animals left in Idaho, please hunt else where, LOL;)

Here in Oregon the blacktails begin shedding as early as Christmas and it is time to start shed hunting the first week in January. Elk are much later...March/April

saw 3 with both horns still and 3 with 1 side and some deer that were about too big to be does with no horns last night, whitetails in indiana

We killed three bucks this week in south Texas.... drug them all by the alters.:... still pretty attached Down there. nhy's march time frame seems about right. The whitetails and muleys near the house here in MT are still packing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BullelkSD
Back