Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Drop Camps

Florida Boy

I've been looking into an elk drop camp hunt in Montana, New Mexico, or Colorado. Just wondering if anyone has done this and has any sugestions. I'm only considering the self guided type can't afford guided and kind of want to do it ourselves anyway. If anyone has used an outfitter I would appriciate your comments on how it worked out. Thanks

They are a great hunt to go on for the do it yourselfer...as long as you get put into a place with some good elk populations, you should have a great time. As a booking agent here in Colorado, I book alot of those hunts a year and go on a one myself every 3 years and love them. Let me know how your hunt goes. Good hunting!!!

Dennis
[email protected]

The one thing about drop camps is that you are completely locked in to one location. That may be a good thing or a bad thing. I would recommend you do your homework extremely well in regards to references. Ask for the whole list of clients so you can call them. Check with the state certifying agency and make sure all licenses and permits are in order and the guy is legit before you drop any cash.

Gunnison country Outfittrs have decent drop camps;unit 55.Plenty of elk if you hunt hard.They won't walk up to the tent!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceemee63
Back