Yeti GOBOX Collection

Dreams Can Come True

CPAjeff

Thanks to a very kind hunttalk member, I was able to join a group heading for caribou in 2021 with 40 Mile Air (hunttalk member, you know who you are - thanks again!!)!

Our hunt dates are August 27 - September 3.

I still remember sitting at the family reunion when my Dad’s cousin Scott showed us pictures of his Alaskan adventure for moose and caribou. Nearly 20 years have passed since I saw those pictures of a massive bull moose and a gorgeous bull caribou. Here in a few short months I’ll get to experience a hunt I’ve dreamed about since seeing those pictures!

I’ve got the vast majority of the needed gear, so with the exception of a few miscellaneous purchases, I’m all set!

Heck yea, congrats on the trip! Looking forward to the story and awesome that somebody here was able to help like that!

I hunted caribou in northern Quebec in 2005. We hit the migration head on. Literally 10’s of thousands. Now the Hurd is depleted and no longer huntable. Cherish this and take lots of pics and videos and tell the story as much as you can. And leave no details when you come back to HT. Looking forward to hearing all about it

Congrats on your dream hunt becoming true.

My first caribou hunt was a similar situation back in 1980. I had some friends doing an Alaskan fly in DIY caribou hunt. Just before their hunt I saw one of them and asked when they were leavying. He said "Next week, do you want to go?"

It turned out that one of them had to cancel, so I was able to go in his place. I've been fortunate to have had many dream hunts since that one.

147 days until the adventure begins!

With the vast majority of the preparations completed (i.e. flight booked, gear checked and double checked) all that I have to do now is wait for the time to arrive. This hunt will be the first fall hunt of 2021, followed by antelope, whitetail, mule deer, elk, some upland bird hunting, and some waterfowl!

Last edited:
Good luck man. A caribou hunt is something I’d really like to do. My dream hunt is archery elk. I’ve been saving points in several states and will start cashing them in next fall. Hope you have an amazing adventure

Have fun. Don't forget the Chinette paper plates. And practice your aim before leaving. If you miss it can be a mess.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back