Draw results

Drew Mtn. Goat DG869

First goat hunt. First time to Alaska.

Any one have experience hunting the part of 14C "east fork of Ekutna River, Eagle River, Bird Creek, Glacial Creek, Twentymile River and Lake George"?

First goat hunt. First time to Alaska.

Any one have experience hunting the part of 14C "east fork of Ekutna River, Eagle River, Bird Creek, Glacial Creek, Twentymile River and Lake George"?

wish mine was that close to town.....i drew my 2nd choice out on kodiak, ill give it hell though. good luck

Guess, I'll be making plans to hunt a kind of secret spot that a friend of my friends' dad took a ram out 6 or 7 years ago... :rolleyes:
I guess the cool thing is I'll be sheep hunting, with a caribou tag in my pocket just in case. Nothing better. hump

Drew my first sheep tag, DS204 DCUA and have been tryng to get this tag for 17 years. Took a good friend of mine in there back in 97 and he shot an honest 40"er without ever having toe set up the tent. Can't wait for September to get here!! Also drew DG342, Lost Lake goat which is within 2 hours of the house, to say i'm stoked is an understatement!!

Lopehunter, i've hunted that tag you've got a couple times back when it was a registration hunt.
Who's your guide?
Lotta goats back there, alot of straight up, start on at a couple hundred feet an find the goats up around 4000 or so, lotta splat factor country. But some good goats in there, alot of black bears as well. Fun place. hides aren't to great in sept, better later, but then you have the weather to fight with, snow would make that hunt reallly suck...
thats all lake george stuff. Ekultna my understanding is real simialr. Bird creek is nasty steep, but goats in there, access is alot tougher, and 20 mile has some better access but i'm not sure if goat numbers are as good as lake george area. your guide i'm sure has an opinon on it.
You said first time to AK so i'm assuming you are a non res?

Bird Creek is actually easy to access, I had the brown bear tag to that area last spring and spent a lot of time in there looking for one. Saw some sheep but don't remember seeing any goats but that don't mean their not there. You can get in 6 miles via wheeler then hike the rest of the way but make sure you watch for bears as the salmon runs are still going in September. I remember seeing some goats on that mountain just past Bird Creek, they were all the way up at the top and it's steep stuff.

BRWNBR, sent you PM.

Lopehunter, i've hunted that tag you've got a couple times back when it was a registration hunt.
Who's your guide?
Lotta goats back there, alot of straight up, start on at a couple hundred feet an find the goats up around 4000 or so, lotta splat factor country. But some good goats in there, alot of black bears as well. Fun place. hides aren't to great in sept, better later, but then you have the weather to fight with, snow would make that hunt reallly suck...
thats all lake george stuff. Ekultna my understanding is real simialr. Bird creek is nasty steep, but goats in there, access is alot tougher, and 20 mile has some better access but i'm not sure if goat numbers are as good as lake george area. your guide i'm sure has an opinon on it.
You said first time to AK so i'm assuming you are a non res?

Lopehunter,
Heres some goats we saw in your area last summer. Not too bad of a hike. Wish you didn't need a guide, I'd go with ya for free. Hahahaha.

p1010818resized.jpg

Nothing for me this year...wait, I didn't put in for anything this year. Damn deployment.

Back