Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Draft Regs posted

I think wyoming should go pick a weapon. It will not increase pressure. And it should be mandatory to choose before the draw so you can only apply for archery tags or rifle tags There shouldn't be this option to hunt archery then go back with a rifle.
Isn't going to happen. It's been talked about and a majority of residents are strongly opposed.

Isn't going to happen. It's been talked about and a majority of residents are strongly opposed.
It's been talked about but has a survey been done?How can you say a majority of resident are against it if a survey hasn't been done?

It's been talked about but has a survey been done?How can you say a majority of resident are against it if a survey hasn't been done?
Yes...it has, and yes a majority were opposed.

A majority of bowhunters here hunt both rifle and archery seasons.

Why is it archery hunters are so selfish? They have 30+ day exclusive seasons, can hunt the rut, can continue to hunt with bows during rifle season if they choose.

How much more advantage do you need to kill a fuggin' elk?

All you care about is improved draw odds, period. Sorry, you aren't entitled to your own set aside of tags too. Enough is enough.

Put in with everyone else and hunt with a bow if you want, a rifle if you want, with your bow during rifle season or both.

Dont care...you choose but you aren't getting a set aside of archery only tags.

The last thing elk need is more pressure and more tags being issued.

Why is it archery hunters are so selfish? They have 30+ day exclusive seasons, can hunt the rut, can continue to hunt with bows during rifle season if they choose.

All you care about is improved draw odds, period. Sorry, you aren't entitled to your own set aside of tags too. Enough is enough.

Put in with everyone else and hunt with a bow if you want, a rifle if you want, with your bow during rifle season or both.

Jeezze someone has there panties in a bunch simple question...haha..

Still plenty of places in Wyoming for you and @wytex to carry your bows around and scare elk. I don't know of any general areas with type 9 tags. The handful of limited quota areas with type 9 tags allow dedicated bowhunters the chance to draw a tag that would otherwise be more difficult. No one is advocating for "choose your weapon" across the board. Like I said, there is room for both.
This is why i have been bitching about the region proposals, i have asked for all the -9 tags in general units to be counted in totals or converted. Most of these units contain wilderness, few residents apply for these and they are outfitter welfare tags and we get better seasons on a general so they get rolled into leftovers. Currently 520 tags go as -9 tags in general units with some form of over lap with general seasons. Units: 36,37,56,67,68,69,59, 60. These should be factored as generals in regional proposals!

Last edited:

Dude, seriously? Who is more entitled? Archery hunters asking for more specific opportunities, or rifle hunters who have to have an archery season AND a rifle season. All the things you just listed that make bow hunters so selfish, plus 2-4 weeks to hunt with a rifle? C'mon man, I appreciate and understand all the arguments made for having both, but no reason they can't throw a bone to a few bowhunters, every other state does. We're all allowed an opinion, but spare us the "entitlement" and "selfish" labels, it goes both ways.

Dude, seriously? Who is more entitled? Archery hunters asking for more specific opportunities, or rifle hunters who have to have an archery season AND a rifle season. All the things you just listed that make bow hunters so selfish, plus 2-4 weeks to hunt with a rifle? C'mon man, I appreciate and understand all the arguments made for having both, but no reason they can't throw a bone to a few bowhunters, every other state does. We're all allowed an opinion, but spare us the "entitlement" and "selfish" labels, it goes both ways.
Ok, how about every other year we open rifle season first for the month of September then the archers can have 15 days in mid to late October...

If it has to be fair let's make it fair.

There is no justifiable reason to have type 9s in Wyoming, none. I don't really care that other states have either or...again no reason for Wyoming to do so just because other states do.

Montana is like Wyoming...6 weeks archery 5 weeks rifle on one tag.

Also, archers are way more entitled...have an exclusive, and longer seasons, during the rut, and can also continue flinging arrows during rifle season. Pretty obvious.

Last edited:
I think wyoming should go pick a weapon. It will not increase pressure. And it should be mandatory to choose before the draw so you can only apply for archery tags or rifle tags There shouldn't be this option to hunt archery then go back with a rifle.
Haha. Yes it will as the state will be able double even quadruple the archery tags with no real
Impact on the resource.

Throw a bone? Seriously what is a better bone that having a full month of archery season and if you don’t kill you get to go rifle? Is t that the bast damn bone you can get?

Seriously every single unit in the state the ability to draw a tag and hunt a whole month of archery before the rifle starts.

I seriously don’t why anyone would want or ask for more?

I'm not an archery hunter so I really don't care one way or the other about type 9 tags, but I can't really see any issue with having a few around the state. What harm does it really do?

Haha. Yes it will as the state will be able double even quadruple the archery tags with no real
Impact on the resource.
Yeah just like they do in the bighorn units now.....I would like to see a example in wyoming where they tripled the archery only tags. You won't find ONE! just throw shit at the wall and hope it sticks!

They whole greedy archery hunters is a joke. Sounds like it's more greedy rifle hunters want a month of archery to hunt with there rifle bows aka crossbows. And then come back for multiple weeks and rifle hunt. Most that want archery only season want there season limited to only September but they are they greedy ones.

Just going to have to disagree on this and move on!

Lots of crying over having MORE hunting opportunities with a really long season……

I do like the idea of flipping archery and gun tho…..rifle in September everywhere✋

Then bow hunters can hunt in the snow and make tracking easier….

Win win.

I'm not an archery hunter so I really don't care one way or the other about type 9 tags, but I can't really see any issue with having a few around the state. What harm does it really do?
There are quite a few dedicated type 9 elk tags/units around the state. Last count there were 6 right above my house and none of them have any issues with too much pressure on the resource/elk. They are continually over objective.

When I draw a type 1 tag with archery option, I would never bow hunt so not sure why someone who exclusively hunts with a bow can’t have that opportunity.

I have zero hard opinion on this and don’t care either way, I just know that the type 9 tags I am familiar with are not causing trouble.

Yeah just like they do in the bighorn units now.....I would like to see a example in wyoming where they tripled the archery only tags. You won't find ONE! just throw shit at the wall and hope it sticks!

They whole greedy archery hunters is a joke. Sounds like it's more greedy rifle hunters want a month of archery to hunt with there rifle bows aka crossbows. And then come back for multiple weeks and rifle hunt. Most that want archery only season want there season limited to only September but they are they greedy ones.

Wait, so the greedy rifle hunters are the greedy bow hunters and the greedy rifle hunters?

You already have the month of September. Put in like everyone else and go hunt your month. Take your tag out of your pocket October 1 and burn it, throw it in the trash, whatever.

Nobody is forcing you to hunt more than September.

Typical archery hunter whinefest...including the crossbow bitching.

Just be honest, all you want is better draw odds because you think you're "special".

You aren't, so get over it. Wyoming hunters have spoken and they don't want type 9's for a variety of reasons.

Btw, the bighorns are a joke with archery pressure.

Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back