PEAX Equipment

Don't be like me

Chad Gus

Don't be like me, wear your safety harness. This is a picture i took, laying on the ground after i just fell 20 feet out of my treestand, while i was waiting for the wifeto come pick me up. Thankfully, I'm able to make this post and can still walk. I did suffer a wedge compression fracture of one of my vertebrae, a sore ankle and knee and some scrapes and lots of back pain.
This a brand new treestand, that i put up this afternoon. I just got into to it, sat down, looked around to check shooting lanes. I Then stood up to grab the rope to pull up my bow and the cables that attach to the platform, broke and down i went.
I've been sitting in a treestand for 30 years and just took it for granted that something like this would never happen to me.20211029_163942.jpg20211029_193553.jpg

Damn buddy hope everything turns out and your ok. Good luck amigo

Wow glad it wasn’t worse. That’s scary 😧. I’m really trying to make sure I’ve got my harness on even in my ladder stands. I’ve got the safety ropes put out at all stands but sometimes I get halfway to a stand and damn forgot harness but I’m trying.get well soon

Damn…..many of my portable treestands are 30 years old or so and I still wear the old waist harnesses. Real eye opener, for sure. I’m glad you’re ok

Glad you are ok man! Get well soon. And Remind me not to buy that brand of treestand.

Get better soon.

I had a 3 story scaffold break on me. Going down, you just hope it doesn't hurt too awfully bad when you hit the ground.

Eek! Glad you are OK and best wishes on a fast recovery. I tend to fall asleep in the tree stand so I buckle in tight

Glad you’re alright! I’ve had a few bad falls but the worst was about 15 years ago. Ended up in a compression fracture in my lower back too. It was no fun being in a brace from my waist to my throat for a month but I’m sure glad I’m still walking and able to get out and keep doing all the things I love! Get well soon!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back