Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Done hunting elk in Utah

I doubt it. Although I would guess (without looking) that there are fewer R point buyers than NR, because they can’t apply for all species.
You got me thinking, so I looked. Ouch.
B32A9041-FACB-4977-A038-C763EA59CCBE.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: Oak
23% of resident apps and 47% of nonresident apps were points-only for elk in 2022. That’s wild.

One thing I wanna do is take those 7 residents with 29 points who applied points-only out for coffee and chat. “Soooooo… you guys gonna do this or….?”

Also, this point-buying thing becomes a disease that’s hard to shake, apparently. Check it out. No one with 29 points actually applied for a tag. 100% of applicants with the most points possible applied for a point only. That boggles my mind.

25D13F80-EDAA-43B6-807D-A3A713445D3F.jpeg0075467D-2E10-441F-A427-2CB3446DEAB3.jpeg

Last edited:
it would be nice if dnr would quit giving all the tags out for the "expo"sfw thing,and actually increase the tags through the "normal l e draw",especially for non res that cant make it to the "expo"..yes,i know,,its all about the money ..

23% of resident apps and 47% of nonresident apps were points-only for elk in 2022. That’s wild.

One thing I wanna do is take those 7 residents with 29 points who applied points-only out for coffee and chat. “Soooooo… you guys gonna do this or….?”

Also, this point-buying thing becomes a disease that’s hard to shake, apparently. Check it out. No one with 29 points actually applied for a tag. 100% of applicants with the most points possible applied for a point only. That boggles my mind.

same thing happens in WY, half buy a point only

Sucks. My opinion is just that, so take this for what it’s worth…

We have a serious problem with the lack of big game wildlife here in Utah. To sell more tags is just decimating the population.

The division of wildlife is doing this as a money grab. Super sad.

Click on the comments in the article and read what all of the residents feel about it as well.
Just hunted deer in utah and saw more elk than I thought were in the unit. I think you have more animals than you think. Can’t compare 20 years ago to now

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back