MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Done hunting elk in Utah

Before anybody gets any crazy stupid ideas, I just want to say that the weather in Wyoming sucks. Its been blowing like a sonofabitch for 3 days. It blew my deck railings off. No BS. My face is completely wind burned from hiking yesterday. This place is a hellscape and it's only October. There's no good jobs here either. And no, it's not that damn close to your family in Utah. It's far....especially in the winter.

Just go OTC like Colorado.

All the money the DNR would take in could fix your dams and fish hatcheries! You could put a search and rescue fee on every license, but never worry about Hunters getting lost thanks to the additional hunters everywhere. Landowners would make more money due to increase elk numbers on private land thanks all the public land pressure, but cows would be safe due to bulls being where the money is and population might increase. The new shorter season would give you more time to go Christmas shopping since you're NOT out hunting. I could go on and on..... :ROFLMAO:

Before anybody gets any crazy stupid ideas, I just want to say that the weather in Wyoming sucks. Its been blowing like a sonofabitch for 3 days. It blew my deck railings off. No BS. My face is completely wind burned from hiking yesterday. This place is a hellscape and it's only October. There's no good jobs here either. And no, it's not that damn close to your family in Utah. It's far....especially in the winter.
This^
... and I haven't seen a woman in over two months.

As an Utah resident, I’m just embarrassed by DWR.

Sorry (not sorry) that I’m hunting other states going forward.

I read the article but have no context. What is the OP‘s quick and dirty assessment?
I am genuinely interested to hear the OP's thoughts on this proposed plan. I went over to MM and read the comments there, but they are mostly positive. It sound like there is a big shift towards providing more hunting opportunity in the state. I could understand how that might be disappointing to those who are 2+ decades into a 3 decade wait for a LE tag, but also understand how the vast majority of resident hunters who have nearly zero chance of ever drawing one of those premium licenses might want the opportunity to have a couple of quality hunts in their lifetimes.

Here's a 52 minute presentation from the UT Big Game Coordinator explaining the proposed plan. I'm only about 20 minutes in so far.

I hunted 4 days in Wyoming 2nd week of October. Zero wind for 3-1/2 days, as in dead calm while glassing. Nice temps too.

I am genuinely interested to hear the OP's thoughts on this proposed plan. I went over to MM and read the comments there, but they are mostly positive. It sound like there is a big shift towards providing more hunting opportunity in the state. I could understand how that might be disappointing to those who are 2+ decades into a 3 decade wait for a LE tag, but also understand how the vast majority of resident hunters who have nearly zero chance of ever drawing one of those premium licenses might want the opportunity to have a couple of quality hunts in their lifetimes.

Here's a 52 minute presentation from the UT Big Game Coordinator explaining the proposed plan. I'm only about 20 minutes in so far.

What's MM?

• Love
Reactions: Oak

Sucks. My opinion is just that, so take this for what it’s worth…

We have a serious problem with the lack of big game wildlife here in Utah. To sell more tags is just decimating the population.

The division of wildlife is doing this as a money grab. Super sad.

Click on the comments in the article and read what all of the residents feel about it as well.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gcporteous
Back