Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Dog got sprayed by a skunk

Used similar stuff to other listed home remedies last year with my lab. It really didn’t teach her much as she was still trying to get one last week

The trouble with dogs, is that once the initial burn goes away, they kinda like the smell. I have a friend who had a dog whose favorite pastime was killing skunks. That dog always smelled skunky.

When my lab got it a few years back we did 2 rounds with the Natures Best Skunk odor remover with lots of rinsing, then went in for a heavy dose of Dawn dish soap, baking soda and hydrogen peroxide and tons of rinsing as we went really heavy with the dish soap. To protect the wife and I from the stink we wore those long to the shoulder preg testing gloves and lawn bag ponchos. Good luck but am guessing you probably already took care of the issue.

Tecnu (poison ivy oil remover) claims to be useful in removing skunk spray. I keep it in my SUV for myself for the poison ivy after being in the field, so that might be an "in the field" first attempt.

It’s amazing how bad it smells. Much worse than the skunk smell that you catch a wiff of while driving past one that got run over. It makes your nose hurt and your eyes water.

Thanks for the recommendations.
Yep. Whole new olfactory experience up close and personal. Had a Rott that just wouldn't learn. mtmuley

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jahmes143
Back