MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Dog Day

OSOK

Oh chit,

Look who figured this out! ;)

Little Miss Sage finally showed she was worth the green I've spent in dog food the last 2 years. Not that I spent any of my time training her or anything either. :rolleyes: Dad, Kyle and I hunted our hairy sides off saturday. If those guys would actually break down and take shooting lessons like I've asked them to, we would've probably done a little better. ;) Like twice as better... :D

Anyways here's a tired and beat up Sage for the been there done that shot.

p1220017.jpg
[/IMG]

I guess you could say her daddy was/is pretty proud to say the least.

On the other hand. This dog's day wasn't so fortunate... 10 yards and a 12 gauge just didn't seem to agree w/ his head. :eek:

p1220001.jpg

p1220005.jpg

All in all it was a great trip and more awesome memories to hold onto.

PS-Craig, thanks for the picture posting coaching! :D

There's no place like home! :)

We were mostly hunting winter wheat and picked corn irrigated circles. The corners of the fields usually have some pretty good cover. We hunted a little bit of CRP too. Pretty tough to do w/ just 3 guys since they are so huge. He was bedded down in a little swale in one of the corners that had real nice cover. Jumped up and ran right back past me. Looked like he got hit in the head w/ a sleghammer. :eek:

:D

Ya, I know how it is. From what I can remember Kyle missed 6 "Easy" gimme roosters and easily double that in quail. Out of the 6 rooster we did get, dad helped me mop up on 1, and I suppose they might could claim 5 of the 15 quailees. :hump: I think both are convinced that these high dollar Benelli's they bought are a joke. :rolleyes:

Didn't know CO had rooster like that. Good haul. We did see a few nice whitetails near Limmon (sp?) on the way to Dodge City.

Follow the yellow brick road... ;)

Ya, it was Kansas. Sorry for the confusion. Supposedly the birds were descent around here this year. We had some spots that we could always pull a limit, back in the day when Kyle was shooting his 870, and could actually hit something. :D The drought really took a toll on em' though, the last 5 years things just went down hill each time we'd go out... I might try it again next winter if we have a good bird report this spring and summer.

There are some Big whities out on the plains... Some of the mulies aren't too shabby either. ;)

OSOK,
Just when I had began to forget that I didn'tn go to Kansas this year, you have to post some more pheasant pics! :BLEEP: Sage looks like she is pretty tired, hope you didn't spoil her when you got home (like I uh... I mean my wife always does my dog when we get home). You keep posting pics of pheasants and I will have to break down and post some chukar pictures.

Good job on the birds and the dog (It's great when it all comes together).

Rut

Don't worry I get confused easiliy... :D The biologist that helped us out in Dodge City said this was a GREAT year down there for pheasants. We didn't do too bad, but again I was one of the shooters... I think I was running right at 33% for birds harvested/shot at... :eek:

33%!!! Are you serious? I'd be willing to take a look at you in a free-agent/trade deal for next year if you want! :D Ya, we heard the same thing. Tried to get down there earlier in the season. One thing or another, and we never did make it. The late season hunting was still pretty descent. Should've all 3 limited w/out any excuses. ;)

Kick in the pants though any way you look at it...

Rutt,

Next year you guys should make a stop on your way out, and pick me up! :D Only 9 months to go buddy... How's that new little trophy of yours doing? Getting any sleep these days? Sure seem grumpy lately! ;)

It's funny, she'll get her eyes all red and puffy. Bleeding from the nose/mouth. All the hair rubbed off her muzzle... Amazing how much desire the damn things have just to find a friggin flying rat w/ feathers! :D

That's right, I got two of the six rooster I shot at. I won't give my % on chickens... :eek: My dad's wanting to go on a pheasant hunt, so I may make to KS again in the next year or two. :D

That trip east is becoming more like a pilgrimage for us than anything. Honestly one of my favorite places to go for a good time/hunt. That state has treated me pretty darn well over the last 7 or 8 years. Hopefully we've got 3 or 4 times as long as that to go in the future.

OSOK,
I get plenty of sleep, all that shooting over the years has pretty much tuned out the sound of a baby crying, my wife on the other hand.....

I know what you mean about desire, sometimes after some really brutal chukar hunts my dog has trouble walking BACK to the truck (funny how that limp only starts up once she can see the truck).

Rut

Cool,

Glad to hear your not suffering much at least... ;)

1pointer,

I saw you guys smoked a bunch of bunny's while you were down there. Man, I was told by the rancher/farmer that I probably shot one of the last yotes in the county. I guess the mainge had wreaked havoc on them things something fierce this winter... The rabbits were absolutely thick. Sage only needed blasting once on a #6 w/ the collar and she left em' alone the rest of the time... In my older years, I almost feel bad shooting the cute lil things... Sooo, I was able to control myself. ;) At least the birds were pretty steady!!!

OK, so maybe shooting one now and then isn't so bad! :D
trentrabbit_original.jpg

:eek: :D

OSOK glad u got bunny but dont look like much of bunny maybe like bird lol way he got good bullet nice dogs good job i spoil em with big dog bone and treats :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idelkhntr13
Back