Caribou Gear Tarp

Do you KILL or Harvest ?

I enjoy.........
"make 'em do the dead baby rock"
"put the wood to 'em"
"allow them to meet their Waterloo"
WD

Dropped the hammer,whacked and stacked,smoked hum,took a nice one,pitched on its head and pumped full of lead!.But when speaking with the unfortunate ones that don't understand why we hunt,well I do tone it down a bit.
rolleyes.gif

Happy trails

Whacked, nailed, smoked all with my bow. Blasted...with my rifle.

I do not think I have EVER used the word harvested.........even when talking around non-hunters.
rolleyes.gif
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif

When in mixed company of non-hunters that know that I hunt, when asked I usually use the word Harvest. "I harvested a nice buck" when around hunters it's killed, whacked or thunked.

I wonder...are non-hunters really naive enough to think that if an animal is "harvested" it is not killed? Well if they are, I say let's not lie to them. Tell them the truth, we KILL animals. I'm sure most of them realize that the meat they buy in the store comes from animals that at one time were alive.

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 12-31-2003 15:45: Message edited by: Washington Hunter ]</font>

I guess it depends on the company I am in. I kill around hunters but since I trying to run a business I try to be more politically correct when placing hunting adds where non hunters might see them. Politically correct or just polite whatever you want to call it.

We usually say popped a couple, bust 'em, then after all is said and done we say things like...150 grain headache, or tracheotamy (sp????), got her in her eye man, BAM! the chic went down!!! Snapped his back like a dry twig, and dropped him like a bad habit. Awww man! Now the work startes.
I will let Hunterman post some too.
Quick Draw

Sometimes I whack, sometimes I kill, sometimes I thump, sometimes I dump, and occasionally I harvest. Depends upon the critter and on the situation. I always whack coyotes though.

I guess I just usually say, "killed" or "shot" pretty much summs it up. Good Luck, JLG.

busted his a$$ around hunters took a buck around non hunters, unless they are antis then i usually stir the pot.

For coyotes/skunks its whacked/popped/smoked. for dove and quail its blasted, and for deer/elk/pigs/lopes its killed/shot [never harvested]

We usually either say 'nailed him', 'hammered him', or one of my personal favorites; 'dropped him like a used condom'!
wink.gif

S.

:)

To a fellow hunter I would say "I shot an 8 point buck", I don't brag to those who are in the know.

Now to a non-hunter I would probable say "I had my attitude adjusted and killed me a deer" or "I like to kill them, the meat is just a perk"
biggrin.gif
. Since I am a woman, most non-hunters have no response.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back