Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Do you KILL or Harvest ?

I ussually "miss"
shhh.gif

but i hate the word harvest, i like the word kill though it is fun

Harvesting deer is impossible!!!

I mean do you guys realize how frustrating it is trying to catch a deer with a combine?

Darren and Del pretty much summed it up for me. I kill. Not as often as I'd like but the word I use most often is kill. I also use get/got and shoot/shot.

PC'ness is for liberals and fags

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>PC'ness is for liberals and fags<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

eek.gif
biggrin.gif

I agree!!!

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 01-22-2004 13:43: Message edited by: Washington Hunter ]</font>

I generally "Kill it and Grill it!"
"got them suckerbills!"
"another one on the wall!"
"got him before he got me!"
which has almost been the case more than once.
I recon thats bout it!

depends on how i "kilt" hiss ass!

last year i "john goddied" one......i drowned a doe while smoking a marlboro(if anyone was wondering how long it takes a deer to drown,its about as long as it takes to step on its neck and smoke a cig)

this year i had "shovel beat" a doe........i helped someone pick up a deer with my truck and the deer was still alive...no one had a gun with them but i did have a flat shovel in the back of the truck)( "WHOONNNNGGGGG" )

Hmmm...

I don't mind the term 'harvest' personally.

In Alaska the deer tags have the words 'harvest ticket' written on them.

While I'm not exactly "PC" myself, I see no problem with the term 'harvest'. In fact, this question has come up before on other websites, and I get the impression some hunters think it's cool to berate the term (harvest) simply to be 'anti-PC'.

I don't think we're fooling anyone by using 'harvest' rather than kill. But I can see negative responses from those folks who are 'straddling the fence' on hunting in general, when we use vulgar, or 'non-respectful' language concering the animals we 'kill.'

After all, we'll never change the minds of the anti-hunting crowd. It's the folks who have yet to form an opinion we need to sway to our side.

I think we do ourselves an injustice by using terms which may convince others that we have little, or no respect, for the animals we kill. These people respect native cultures because those cultures displayed much awe and respect for the game which gave them life. If we disregard that respect, we might push some folks into the PETA camp.

How can that help us?

I usually say "got, shot, or killed" the animal. I also talk about "gutting" the animal although many times I have been reminded by my husband that I should say "field dressed" while sitting around the table eating a meal with a group of people. I just get excited about "talkin' hunting" that I sometimes forget to be "politically correct"! - WY Huntress

It depends on the group, if I am around other hunters, it is I got a .... If I am around any one that has stomach aches when things are spoken out of PC, I use what ever harsh laungage gets their attention and turns their sniveling faces green!!! ;) :D
Or I just show some one like Buzz the picture of me and the two elk from last year in Wy...
There is a poor soul that turns green when some thing isn't done in a PC manor!!!

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back