Do I ? or Don't I ?

Dude, you need a better cameraman..... Those pictures have way too mucy YOU and not enough of the Deer....

More deer and less Moosie is better... IMHO...

When you take that buck in to the Taxidermist, will you check on the HUGE buck from last year?

What did your Huge buck score again ? I don't need to check on it, I know the status of it already.

Here's a picture of my "BEST" side, and one of the little hills we had to hike.

hikeout.JPG

Uhhh....That makes it look much bigger and wider from that angle... your arse that is.....

But on more important things, can you give us a review on your Eblestock and how it worked out? Can I borrow it Friday?

It ended up being a "BIT" bigger then a Spike/Doe

You weren't chitting...congrats dude. Looks like "The Homestead" comes through with another big buck. ;)

You did the right thing....I killed a real nice coues 25 yrs ago when my wife was about to have my son [1st born]... she had the baby 3 days later... ... hey your wife needs a break too. nice deer.

Gunner, If you want the pack swing by and Take it, you know what I have you can borrow. You're more then Welcome. I actually think the waist band Will lengthen enough for you :D :D

I liked the Pack. I didn't pack it Plumb full but the pack will definately hold more weight then I could Lift. I like the fit and it sure seems to be built to last.

On the Buck, Acording to the "BIG BOYS" it's not a Big one, It's about 22-23" wide. but It's my best one. I'm sure happy with it. I ned to put a Tape on it for the fantasy hunt but Haven't yet. I think we got a Good spot finally. We knew about this spot for a long time but never really hunted it. Monday I figured I'd do it justice and Go check it out. The hike in is a Killer, MAybe I'm turning into a Wuss but I was Dang sore.

Getting into the area that I wanted to go I bumped a Little 2 point and it went right over the little Finger I wanted to sit on. I had a Rock picked out from a Distance. I put the rifle over my shoulder thinking nothing would be in the area due to the loud running buck. As I got to the rock, a 25-26" 4 point jumped up and took off. I threw the gun up and it went behind some Trees and stopped. it snorted a few times at me and I didn't hear anything from it again. I worked downthe Left side of the ridge and heard some Cow talk. I sat down, pulled out the Cam corder and Watched the cows working further up the left side. I then saw about a 18" buck down lowed in the hole. I bailed off after it thinknig I could Plug it and Buy a 2nd tag. You have to love the Hunting in Idaho :D Anyways I snuck down and Couldn't find the buck again. After looking over were the Elk were this guy stepped out about 300 Yards And Imoved to get into position. 2 other bucks were jsut below me and Busted out. DANG, something's gunna die :p

I lined up on this buck and Couldn't get it well inthe scope. I grabbed a tree branch and held it with my Left hand and placed the Gun on my hand and next to the stick as a Bi-pod. I lined up on it's back and Couldn't see the buck well. I knew it was a Buck and I let off the shot. I watched it drop... then it's head went to the side and it started to slide. I'm guessing It was a Good 5-10 seconds left of light ... ;)

I threw everythnig in the bag and Started hikeing over to it. I had to Drop down the Canyon, Cross a Stream, and start hiking up the 80 degreee slope to it. It was about 20 mins later till I got over there and I tagged the GPS. The next day a friend from the office came with me and We found it. 52 Feet from the Mark.

I didn't post that I killed it for 2 reasons. 1, I didn't actually find it that day. 2. I didn't know the size exactly yet.

Thats my story and now I know there is deer bigger then Forked horns out there ;)

Nice Buck Oscar! Cool that he is your biggest to date. I'd certainly take him in a heartbeat.

See you tomorrow...

Nice looking buck Mr. Moose I think most people would be more than happy with that as an opening day buck; but the question is did you buy that 2nd tag? I really like that last pack out picture.

but the question is did you buy that 2nd tag?

Not "yet" ...........

T Bone said:
great buck Oscar. By far your best. Did you go to my favorite spot?

No, I decided I didn't like that spot too much early on. If I was to buy a 2nd tag I might hunt on the back side of the Canyons your Brother-by-law's hunt, but on the side looking into the Drainage. I like that area but it's one a Guy needs a Tent and some time.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back