Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Divorce, do you ever see it coming...

interesting our 1st date was to a crab house , second was a weekend canoe trip down the Potomac River. 6 months later we were married and 6 months after the with a son we went through 2 years of counseling with our pastor. 1 year apart and 1 year together. finally he said your at a good place. it's hasn't all be easy but many rewards.

one very important thing about marriage; find something your passionate about and incorporate it into your life. I'm an artist with may talents that helps me to get my head together. She has her passions and we respect our space. It's great to get away and clear your mind of all the baggage you encounter. Helps with getting a fresh look.
41 years.
Great message. After offending, befriending, then "infatuating" my soulmate we have been married this month for 36 of the happiest years of life.
Note: as a friend I once cut firewood and delivered it to her, as she was a single mom. Jokingly, I remind her of "persuading" me to marry her with the point that "I would only have to cut firewood for one place!" :D

Great message. After offending, befriending, then "infatuating" my soulmate we have been married this month for 36 of the happiest years of life.
Note: as a friend I once cut firewood and delivered it to her, as she was a single mom. Jokingly, I remind her of "persuading" me to marry her with the point that "I would only have to cut firewood for one place!" :D
That's some sensible courtin' right there....

One thing I think that gets overlooked is your wedding vows. If you are a man or woman of your word and your word means something to you then you will consider your promises. If you are a man or woman of God then you also made a promise to God in those vows. Either way you likely stated,...For better or for worse... Not - "well, until it gets tough" , or "until one of us changes". You likely stated that you would be faithful to one another. I believe and it's also written that if your spouse is unfaithful then the bond is broken and you may divorce him/her. Some marriages can't be saved but I believe it's always best to TRY to work it out for as long as you can possibly take it and in many different ways and with many people's help before you go the divorce route. Hang in there folks! Life WILL get good again, one way or another!
Life is good brother !
Luke 11:13 If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will the heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him! And, we know that He gives the Spirit without measure. (John 3:34)

I knew it was coming...
You can screw things up if you want to.
There was a sweet looking young lady this morning standing on the corner with a help me sign. I was stopped at a light on the bike and she gave me the biggest smile along with a ride safe sign. My 1st thought, no going there lol with the wife gone for a month 4 legged deer season is on.

Last edited:
Is the grass greener on the other side?
For the reason only God knows wife and I have worked everything out for 41 years now. I've become complacent have to deal with her mood swings and Med's.
I know how to deal with garbage, I'm not sure if I could handle the garbage I don't know.
I was married for 34 years until my ex started to accuse me of wild things, like being a drug dealer and buying a house and car for her co worker and yada, yada, yada. On the advice of a marriage couselor I drove all the way to Colorado Springs to take a polygraph test that she got to write the questions for, When the results came back that I was telling the truth, she refused to believe the polygraph. So counseling can only help if both parties want to find a solution, if one has already checked out, then divorce is the answer. Anyway our divorce was final on May 20, she was remarried by June 27.

I have a great relationship with all three of my kids, we spend as much time together as possible. I have met a beautiful woman and we get along great. I am going to spend a lot of time with her at her condo on the beach in Mazatlan. So is the grass greener? I wouldn't wish a divorce on any couple but some times the grass has to mowed short, sprayed with round up and rototilled to make it clear that you cannot live any longer with a person. The process sucked and I was in therapy for 2 plus years. I am in such a better place today than I was two years ago.

Nemont

Last edited:
I just read this entire thread and it leaves me more confused. My wife of of 6 years does not seem to be the person she used to be. I'm the kind of guy who gets excited (possibly overly excited) about everything, a hunting trip, getting to go out for a date night, whatever. She literally has no excitement for anything. All she does is get angry at me for every single little thing (I know this can be skewed but I really don't think it's just my point of view). I want her to enjoy something so much its worth getting up in the morning but she doesn't like anything. I have thought about getting a divorce more times than i care to admit. But, We have 2 amazing girls (under 5) that I would do absolutely anything for. So that leaves me thinking, isn't my unhappiness worth them having a normal life? I don't know how you guys know when to pull the plug but dangit it's hard. Sorry for the vent. I just appreciate that there is a bunch of like minded people that will hear me out.
Hoping the best for your family and you can find a way to be as supportive of each other as possible. Reading this bring me back a few years, we're probably close in age. My wife had definitely gone through a funk after having our first two girls. Post partum depression is a MFer man. There is a good chance thats whats going on. Can last a long time, especially is its never acknowledged. Not that you need her to acknowledge it, but have you ever considered it?

6 years in and 2 kids under 5, that is a lot for a Mom, just having a child makes so many changes happen in her body and chemistry we can't really even fathom, not even capable lol. Then we expect them to be super mom all the time. I can see how that could lead to a spiral. Instead of trying to get her excited about things you think she should be excited about just give her the time and environment to find herself again.

Don't want to come off as critical, just wanted to shared my POV as I feel like I was in a similar situation. Definitely hit a rough patch for a stretch, remember your vows, and stay true to them. You'll figure it out and hit your parenthood stride together.

Hoping the best for your family and you can find a way to be as supportive of each other as possible. Reading this bring me back a few years, we're probably close in age. My wife had definitely gone through a funk after having our first two girls. Post partum depression is a MFer man. There is a good chance thats whats going on. Can last a long time, especially is its never acknowledged. Not that you need her to acknowledge it, but have you ever considered it?

6 years in and 2 kids under 5, that is a lot for a Mom, just having a child makes so many changes happen in her body and chemistry we can't really even fathom, not even capable lol. Then we expect them to be super mom all the time. I can see how that could lead to a spiral. Instead of trying to get her excited about things you think she should be excited about just give her the time and environment to find herself again.

Don't want to come off as critical, just wanted to shared my POV as I feel like I was in a similar situation. Definitely hit a rough patch for a stretch, remember your vows, and stay true to them. You'll figure it out and hit your parenthood stride together.
That never crossed my mind but you definitely might be on to something. I appreciate the sound advice!

My wife has struggled with PPD for 15 month already and it's caused her to come pretty close to ending our marriage. It's an awful thing to see your partner go through.

My wife has struggled with PPD for 15 month already and it's caused her to come pretty close to ending our marriage. It's an awful thing to see your partner go through.
My wife went through it after our first, but not nearly at all after #2 and #3. Her key was getting time away from me and the kid(s) with friends/family that she trusted and could be totally honest with. Sometimes she needed to say, out loud and without judgment, "I hate being a mom (right now). This change in my life sucks and is not at all what I was expecting." Our culture might recoil at those statements, but having a kid is a major (MAJOR) life change and it's not always what it's cracked up to be.

"I hate being a mom (right now). This change in my life sucks and is not at all what I was expecting." Our culture might recoil at those statements, but having a kid is a major (MAJOR) life change and it's not always what it's cracked up to be.

it's even been apparent in our pregnancy. i think it's getting worse in our culture too. social media really makes girls think both pregnancy and parenthood are going to be all sparkles.

i feel like i have post partum depression and i'm not a girl or a parent, yet.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back