Divorce, do you ever see it coming...

I wooed my wife with trailers of bark! She still gets turned on by landscape supplies. Flowers vs. River Rock? River Rock every time.
you to huh... it's amazing how much paying attention to what they comment on in the garden section can get you.

Been married 35 years.
A few months ago my wife was talking with our 34 year old daughter and they were discussing her younger cousins that got married and their marriages either didn't last long or are currently on the rocks.
I'm standing about 4 feet from them and they know this, and my wife says to my daughter in a very casual ,matter of factly way "If I had known your father better when we were dating, I would have never married him".
OUCH !
My daughter says "Mom, what a terrible thing to say, Dad is standing right here"
If she had said this in anger during a fight or as a joke it wouldn't of hurt so bad. But she said it calmly and matter of factly.
At first I laughed it off but it ate away at me and still does when I think about. I'm not angry with her but rather angry at myself that I could make her feel that way.
I work alone, always have, so I listen to music all day long. Supertramp "Long way home" instantly popped in my head.
Then I heard a song that's on my playlist. I've heard it many times and like the sound but the lyrics never resonated with me until now.
12 Stones "Bury Me"

Remind her that people marry for potential, not perfection. Sheesh, sorry man. Would eat at me too.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back