Diverging Views at Budget Proposal

BHA picked one piece of a huge pile and NSSF talked about the pile. Now go out and read the thing and decide for yourself what it is a pile of.
Popcorn anyone? BYOB

Two hunting orgs, two different ways to look at the exact same proposal. And people wonder why we can't all just get along...

BHA:
INTERIOR UNDERCUTS PUSH TO INCREASE ACCESS BY SLASHING FUNDING FOR KEY PROGRAM

NSSF:
TRUMP INTERIOR BUDGET PROPOSAL DELIVERS FOR HUNTERS AND RECREATIONAL SHOOTERS

Well technically one is a public land hunting and fishing advocacy group and the other is a shooting sports advocacy group. The divergence makes sense, NSSF doesn't really care about public lands they care about 2A rights and are going to kowtow to the current administration, who they feel is pro 2A. Net net this is a bad move for public lands hence BHA's response.

The reversal would be true as well, BHA is going to back candidates and administrations that are pro-public land regardless of their 2A stance.

If there were no public lands BHA would be out of business but NSSF would we going strong (think Texas), if there were no guns BHA would still be going strong (archery and fishing).

Point being neither of this groups is anti-hunter, they just have different mission statements and are focused on different things. There is no reason why someone couldn't support both, you just have to be honest with yourself and read between the lines.

Trump does not care one iota about hunters, neither do any of the democrats running for president, therefore we need to lobby for our interests hence it's a good thing to have both of these groups around.

If any part of that statement rubs you wrong, maybe freedom isn't for you.
To be clear it doesn't bother me in the least, though he's not my candidate. It usually got some pretty good reactions from those that it bothers in other forums. See post #3.

Of all the candidates I think Mayor Pete is the best candidate for public land hunting. I have very little to actually back that, but at least I'm grasping at straws, the last three elections there's been no straws to even think about grasping.

Surprise! Another conservation group criticizes Rump's budget proposal:

The Theodore Roosevelt Conservation Partnership’s president and CEO Whit Fosburgh issued the following statement in response to the President’s proposed Fiscal Year 2021 budget:

“With just a few exceptions, this budget falls woefully short when it comes to investing in conservation and our outdoor recreation economy. As Congress walks through the appropriations process, it’s imperative that lawmakers listen to sportsmen and women and make lasting contributions to the future of land, water, wildlife, and fisheries.”

Now that the President has rolled out his proposed budget, Congress is tasked with passing appropriations bills by September 30, 2020.

f4c70d97e312be6d8580ba99c1bef4f4.jpg
Well technically one is a public land hunting and fishing advocacy group and the other is a shooting sports advocacy group. The divergence makes sense, NSSF doesn't really care about public lands they care about 2A rights and are going to kowtow to the current administration, who they feel is pro 2A. Net net this is a bad move for public lands hence BHA's response.

The reversal would be true as well, BHA is going to back candidates and administrations that are pro-public land regardless of their 2A stance.

If there were no public lands BHA would be out of business but NSSF would we going strong (think Texas), if there were no guns BHA would still be going strong (archery and fishing).

Point being neither of this groups is anti-hunter, they just have different mission statements and are focused on different things. There is no reason why someone couldn't support both, you just have to be honest with yourself and read between the lines.

Trump does not care one iota about hunters, neither do any of the democrats running for president, therefore we need to lobby for our interests hence it's a good thing to have both of these groups around.

In a good compromise, everyone feels like they got shafted. I think today, everyone wants everything. They view compromise as a dirty word and focus on what they didn’t get rather than the things they did. In regards to this budget, I didn’t read it. I’m sure it sucks. I have never understood why the executive branch is required to put forth a budget when congress controls how money is spent. So this budget list is all the President’s favorite things and then Congress will throw it in the garbage and they will all try to get their favorite things. If you tried to explain the process to an alien from another planet they would think we are crazy. I’m amazed we lasted almost 250 yrs as a country.

Klobuchar at least understands (and I think even values) the family tradition aspect of hunting and is probably the only Dem candidate that would give one iota of thought to hunting as a worthwhile endeavor.

Klobuchar at least understands (and I think even values) the family tradition aspect of hunting and is probably the only Dem candidate that would give one iota of thought to hunting as a worthwhile endeavor.

I think this is an important point, politicians that understand and care about family traditions. It doesn't have to be your thing but understanding the importance of things to others.

Certainly a selling point for me on various politicians.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Killcarp2
Back