Digi cameras

Ovis,taking pictures from a distance, then putting the camera away and stalk and kill, What else??
I guess you were joking with the crappy glass comment LOL. I agree the body is bigger than i like but i will buy one if no one comes out with a better equipped unit before hunting season this fall. That image stabilization rocks in low light situations when you have longer shutter time. I tried it in the store with and without it on and campared it to other cameras pictures like the Oly 750 and it blew them all away. I am pissed they didnt put a focus assist light on it but not many cameras have it.
That DP review isnt the best place to check reviews. Like one guy said, maybe some of these guys didnt take a few minutes to read the manual. I like CNET for reviews and there are other places where actual photographers rate cameras, not just some tech handicappers.
All i am saying is for a hunter that is packing in some place and wants to get great shots without a tripod this camera is the shit! Go check one out your self and let me know what you come up with for freehand shots under high zoom. Moosies post seems like he was looking for this type of camera, not the type of guy that would carry a tripod every place just for photos, and definitly not a SLR guy, but maybe i am wrong.

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 01-04-2004 12:36: Message edited by: schmalts ]</font>

I bought my wife the Kodak last year, with a 128 memory card. The in-laws got me an Oregon Scientific camera for Xmas this year, it is about the size of a credit card, the draw backs to it are once the battery is gone it's gone and then you can't preview pics in the field. I didn't care will probably loose it in the mountians like the Cannon, Minolta and Pentax.

I bought the Panasonic Fz-10 back in December, and I couldnt be more pleased. It has an awesome zoom, an awesome lens, and a reasonable price. It also has a lot of settings that help to take quality pics in different situations....

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back