Didn't see a thing

Elkhunter

Well it has been so long since I have been back in there, I forgot how far it actually was. My friend told me where the road was closed by snow drifts, but I didn't remember it being that far back to where he said there was a bear. It was quite nice when I left, sunny and upper 40s. When I parked the truck and trailer and got out, I was a bit surprised, windy and friggin cold. After riding for over an hour, I still had a couple miles to go and it was only getting colder. I watched a hillside fo a spell and then decided to head out. Once I got in the truck, I cranked the heat up and thawed out. If one snow drift is gone by the weekend, I could drive the truck and horse another 3 miles or so. Oh well, those are the breaks.
smile.gif

I did see some rather large paw prints on the trail though. They matched the size of my horse's hoof print. I would assume they would be lion tracks. The were not real clear, but could see it was a padded paw print.

Deciding whether to try up there again this weekend or the other drainage I was going to try. Guess I will be flipping a coin come Saturday morning.
biggrin.gif

go to were the bears are
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Heck Greeny is throwing rocks at bear and We're shooing them off out bait stand
wink.gif

Shoo bear, shoo!
biggrin.gif
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif

OK, my buddy says there is a bear where he was. That is where I was heading to last night.

The other place I am opting for had a sow & cub in there last year and the year before.

I am thinking I will go to the place where I saw the sow and cub. It will be easier on the horse and and I wont have to trailer the horse up the mountain. The reason for this is they are calling for snow and/or rain for the next 3 days. If I see nothing, I may try the other on Sunday when it is suppose to be nice weather.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back