Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Detroit Walleye

Brauee20

It's getting to be that time of year again. Made some big changes for this year. I bought a new boat in December.

I have been spending time the past few months wiring electronics. Finally got around to wrapping everything up today except for installing the livescope pole.

I wanted a fishing boat that we could comfortably use as a family for watersports and swimming. Ended up with a 190FSH after looking at a couple different fish and ski's.

IMG_20230317_161737981.jpg

Plan is to break the engine in on Monday and figure out the jet and then run it down to Detroit and drop it in the slip Friday where it will be until the end of April.

I'll try to keep the thread up to date as the run progresses.

Live scopes are awesome I can’t wait to get one! I just got a new Terrova trolling motor this winter can’t wait to use the spot lock and bit have to drop anchor anymore

Hell of a boat. Looks like it will be a great rig for Huron and Erie too. I'm assuming that's your area if you're fishing the Detroit.

We looked at the 190-210 FSH Yamahas. They hold great reviews! Hard to go wrong with your pick for family and fishing.
Look forward to following your adventures.

Live scopes are awesome I can’t wait to get one! I just got a new Terrova trolling motor this winter can’t wait to use the spot lock and bit have to drop anchor anymore

For sure, I think it's what I'm most looking forward to is chasing crappie around this summer on the scope with the kids. I went with a Motorguide xi3, we'll see how it holds up.

Check everything out again once it’s been in water for a while! At the very least, it’ll give you a peace of mind!

Yeah, will do. We removed panels and checked every bolt, clamp, screw and nut. Replaced a couple through hulls that I didn't like. Feeling pretty good about how it's sitting right now.

Hell of a boat. Looks like it will be a great rig for Huron and Erie too. I'm assuming that's your area if you're fishing the Detroit.

Right smack in the lower middle of the state, hour to Erie, about two hours to Saginaw, hour to the Detroit river, and an hour 45 to Michigan. Probably won't have it setup for trolling this year so we'll be doing a lot of drifting.

We looked at the 190-210 FSH Yamahas. They hold great reviews! Hard to go wrong with your pick for family and fishing.
Look forward to following your adventures.

Yeah, it seems like everyone that has one loves it. Thanks!

Congrats on the new boat. Looks like fish catching, having fun machine! Enjoy!

Live scope is incredible! Especially once you get brave enough to start dinkin' around with the settings and really get it tuned.

Keep us posted on the Detroit walleye, making a run up to Detroit River is on the bucket list for sure.

Buddy just put one on his boat, took it out just to play with it. His old graph vs live scope factory setting, world of difference.

27757.jpeg

I must say the livescope/activetarget/megalive is amazing and a game changer. I have the active target and it feels like you're blindfolded fishing without it after using it. So many advantages

We got the motor broke in today. That little bit of Carolina flare on the bow is nice. It was super windy with some whitecaps on the lake, very minimal splash even on the couple 40mph shots we made. Docks not being in yet kind of made it a pain. Had to wear waders out to the boat.

Dinked around with the screens and the scope for a bit. Pretty wild watching a school of crappie swim around in perspective mode 10ft off bottom in 30ft. Spot locked on them and sat in awe for about 10 minutes at what we were watching.

IMG_20230320_162012244.jpg

Might head down to the Detroit in a week or two. If I see that cool boat I'll give you a wave!

Might head down to the Detroit in a week or two. If I see that cool boat I'll give you a wave!

We'll be there! We fish mostly between the powerlines and the BASF wall. If you fish the middle stretch hit me up and I'll let ya know where we've been catching.

Saginaw is open all year now too just a FYI, incase you didn't know. Saw some pictures of the early big spawners being pulled out up there already.

We'll be there! We fish mostly between the powerlines and the BASF wall. If you fish the middle stretch hit me up and I'll let ya know where we've been catching.

Saginaw is open all year now too just a FYI, incase you didn't know. Saw some pictures of the early big spawners being pulled out up there already.
Yeah, I saw that. Dropped the minimum size too! Open down to the bridge. The boats were stacked up right against the bridge the other day when my buddy left work in Saginaw.

Weather has been garbage the past week. We fished chocolate milk last weekend when we dumped the boat and got skunked. Then it was rainy, and blowing all week.

Ended up running all the way up into St. Clair today to find some water clarity. Ended up with 6, 5 of which were on an orange head with a pimpdaddy finesse minnow.

IMG_20230402_152323056_HDR.jpg

Still early, water is only 38 degrees. Boat has been great. It's so nice being able to send it at 40mph in the chop and not get beaten to death.

IMG_20230402_141035284.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jahmes143
Back