PEAX Equipment

Detroit Walleye

A couple of friends went this weekend up on marysville and we’re starting to turn the white add. Good luck!

Finally dipped my rig in the river this weekend. Got to watch my son and nephews boat a metric chit-ton of fish. Definitely a weekend for the books. On Saturday my son had the big fish for most of the morning.

20230429_083836.jpg
Gramps took over in the afternoon while youthful exuberance was catching a nap.

20230429_123625.jpg
Today was just my son and me in the boat, and he got to learn how to net fish and take pictures...instead of catching all the damn fish!
20230430_150622.jpg
Great weekend, just wish we didn't have school commitments and work messing up the calendar.

We went out this morning too. Man was that rain cold this morning! I was for sure not ready for that. Just before the rain started my buddy hooked into a 50" musky! We quit around noon and ended with 20 fish in the cooler between the 4 of us

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1682909979048.jpg
    FB_IMG_1682909979048.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 20
  • FB_IMG_1682909989188.jpg
    FB_IMG_1682909989188.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 18
Finally dipped my rig in the river this weekend. Got to watch my son and nephews boat a metric chit-ton of fish. Definitely a weekend for the books. On Saturday my son had the big fish for most of the morning.

View attachment 274153
Gramps took over in the afternoon while youthful exuberance was catching a nap.

View attachment 274154
Today was just my son and me in the boat, and he got to learn how to net fish and take pictures...instead of catching all the damn fish!
View attachment 274155
Great weekend, just wish we didn't have school commitments and work messing up the calendar.
Were you near the Wyndatte launch or farther south? Great fish

I'll be back down midweek through the weekend it looks like. One of my two talking petri dishes brought home something from school that laid me out end of last week through the weekend. Weather looks good enough I might end up taking them down this Friday/weekend to hang up a bunch of jigs.

Fishing was good this morning. We were done at 10. Picked up some big fish early just north of BASF. Then ran to the mudline up at the new bridge and spent the rest of the morning up there in Canadian waters.

This big Mofo snuck up on us. It was cruising downstream with the current. Must have been empty. Luckily it was making almost no wake.

Attachments

• IMG_20230504_090842621.jpg
    IMG_20230504_090842621.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 12
Fishing was good this morning. We were done at 10. Picked up some big fish early just north of BASF. Then ran to the mudline up at the new bridge and spent the rest of the morning up there in Canadian waters.

This big Mofo snuck up on us. It was cruising downstream with the current. Must have been empty. Luckily it was making almost no wake.
Were you in the deep water on the Canadian side or closer to the island? When fishing BASF did you fish in front of the bouys on the island or right in front. I have one friend who uses different terminology to describe this.

Were you in the deep water on the Canadian side or closer to the island? When fishing BASF did you fish in front of the bouys on the island or right in front. I have one friend who uses different terminology to describe this.
The buoys straight out from Wyandotte in 20-25ft the furthest we ever drift is to the BASF sign in the grass.

40ft of water up by the bridge in Canadian water, and then a little by the pencils buoys on the north end of Fighting Island.

Last edited:

I don't know all the terminology to describe the location, but on Sunday we found a hole downriver of this boat (if it's still in the same spot), on the Canadian side, across from a white building(looking at Canada), in between the boat and Ceasars. I don't remember the depth, but it was over 30'. The first drift we caught 4 back to back with one of them being a double. The next 3 drifts we only caught fish in this spot. By this time it was noon and we had over 20 fish in the live-well between the 4 of us and were cold and wet so we headed back in.

Edit: On second look, it wasn't this boat. But the hole was just upriver from Ceasars.

Erie was slow for walleyes got 4. Smallmouth we’re hitting everything caught 15-20 between 2-3.5lbs

IMG_20230506_064220125.jpg

I had been waiting for this trip all season. He blew us all away with how quickly he picked it up. He managed to catch two in 40ft of water by himself, and reeled up most everything everyone else hooked. His also happened to be biggest two. Unfortunately his sister has a stomach bug and missed her trip yesterday.

Tons of freighter traffic today. One sent us for a nice ride in the dark.

Pulled the boat today. T-storms moving in tonight and it had to be out tomorrow anyway.

IMG_20230506_062130770.jpg

IMG_20230506_063719390.jpg

Went to little bay de noc, and the place where I was supposed to dock my boat was not as advertised. Floating plate got hit and lost a piece, ouch!

Attachments

• 70614405007__761D43F0-AEFB-45F7-82EE-03707CAC4A3E.jpeg
    70614405007__761D43F0-AEFB-45F7-82EE-03707CAC4A3E.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 5
Back