Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Despite the odds, how many Sheep Tags have you Drawn or Won in your Life?

I doubt I'll ever draw another sheep tag in my life. But I had a sheep rancher in Colorado tell me once that "someday, when all the ag has been driven out of this country and we don't have anything to eat, then we'll be eating bighorns. And we won't be getting a permit to do it." So...I guess I'm holding out hope.

Drew Desert Sheep Ram in unit 56 Colorado - success 1995
Drew Rocky Bighorn Sheep ewe unit 6 Colorado - success 1997
Drew Rocky Bighorn Ram on unit 60 Colorado - success 2000
Drew Rocky Bighorn Sheep ewe unit 6 Colorado - snowed out 2005

Last year I applied for a ewe tag in MT first choice with max points and did NOT draw.
But now I live in MI, and my physical condition due to Parkinson's won't allow me to hike, so I didn't even apply.

Drew Arizona Nonresident Desert Bighorn Sheep - Unit 45C for December 2022 late hunt. 14 points.

Not a bighorn sheep hunt but after 7 years of applying, I drew a limited Alaska mountain goat hunt on Kodiak in 2017. (20% chance drawing back then) No points accrued in Alaska draws.

About 1968....over the counter bighorn Idaho
1981 bighorn IDAHO....22 days in Unit 27....bowhunted most of the time but killed with a rifle
about 2000 Colorado bighorn\archery
about 2010 wyoming bighorn
2018 Montana bighorn 184 ram with longbow "50 year ram quest"....traditional bowhunter magazine
Bighorn career finished....still on chukars.

Drew Desert Sheep Ram in unit 56 Colorado - success 1995
Drew Rocky Bighorn Sheep ewe unit 6 Colorado - success 1997
Drew Rocky Bighorn Ram on unit 60 Colorado - success 2000
Drew Rocky Bighorn Sheep ewe unit 6 Colorado - snowed out 2005

Last year I applied for a ewe tag in MT first choice with max points and did NOT draw.
But now I live in MI, and my physical condition due to Parkinson's won't allow me to hike, so I didn't even apply.

Nice run of tags during that 11 years! Presumably a lot of memories from those adventures. My uncle lived a wonderful life and lived to a ripe old age. He often reminded me, especially during his last few years, that growing old is not for wimps or sissies. The depths of those words are ringing truer each autumn than passes.

Zero I've got 25 years in sheep applications in Colorado and Montana and have yet to pull the golden ticket same with all the big 3 but add Idaho in the moose mix.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gcporteous
Back