Despite the odds, how many Sheep Tags have you Drawn or Won in your Life?

Made a lifelong friend with a CO resident hunting sheep same as me in S12 archery in 2007. Great great hunt, and neither of us got our ram.

Good to hear you met a good friend, at the end of the day, it's probably harder to find one of those than a sheep. A Lot has to go right with archery that's for sure. Drawing the tag is the first step, and then there is the wind and having it hold until you get to 20-30 yds. I'm on the fence about getting back in or keep trying for Desert. Desert is pretty much a pipe dream. I feel like I could draw one more BH here in CO before it's all said and done.

I moved from WA to MT with 15 WA sheep points. Living in MT, I kept applying to WA. In 2020 I drew my WA sheep tag with over 20 points. My wife was my hunting partner every day. Unable to get close to the bigger rams, I took this younger ram after 7 days of hiking up and down the mountain.
Y6p07P6.jpg

I put in for 25 years. NV,AZ,CO,ID, no tag yet. Stuck on moose in home state.

My sheep tag is waiting for me when I get to Africa this August (third trip). No draw needed. No waiting for years gathering/buying points. Two thousand bucks. What's a Yukon sheep hunt these days? Add another zero last I knew.

This is not a knock on doing it in any way shape or form, but would you mind telling us how many raffle tags you bought in each of the raffles you won? Or single digit number or raffle tags, double digit, triple digit? Just curious. I feel certain that a lot of raffle winners have bought an awful lot of the raffle tags in each raffle.

Congrats on those sheep and goats. The number of days your hunted, and the number of archery tags really shows some serious dedication.

Sorry I missed this request for a reply-

Not as many raffle tickets as you might think.

2006 I think $100 in the Arizona Raffle for the 3rd place Dall 4 tickets in 5000+
2008 $150 in the Colorado Bighorn raffle for 6 tickets. Almost only bought 4 but rounded up to 6 Thanks to @Khunter 6 in 2500 odds. Ticket #5 of the ones I bought was the winner.
2011 $100 in tickets attended the show 4 tickets I think in 1000+ ??? Not really sure
2013 $400-500 in tickets won some money a the tables in Vegas and bought more tickets 12-20 tickets total in 3000-4000? Not sure.
2017 $100 4 tickets in the bin for Colorado Mt Goat. 4 in 1750ish odds.
So really not very many tickets in any one drawing.

What's not on this list are the multiple other raffles I've won something in..... My theory is at least 1 ticket or chance in any bin or raffle I see. It seems to be working.

Sorry I missed this request for a reply-

Not as many raffle tickets as you might think.

2006 I think $100 in the Arizona Raffle for the 3rd place Dall 4 tickets in 5000+
2008 $150 in the Colorado Bighorn raffle for 6 tickets. Almost only bought 4 but rounded up to 6 Thanks to @Khunter 6 in 2500 odds. Ticket #5 of the ones I bought was the winner.
2011 $100 in tickets attended the show 4 tickets I think in 1000+ ??? Not really sure
2013 $400-500 in tickets won some money a the tables in Vegas and bought more tickets 12-20 tickets total in 3000-4000? Not sure.
2017 $100 4 tickets in the bin for Colorado Mt Goat. 4 in 1750ish odds.
So really not very many tickets in any one drawing.

What's not on this list are the multiple other raffles I've won something in..... My theory is at least 1 ticket or chance in any bin or raffle I see. It seems to be working.
This may be the most depressing thing I have read this month. Those odds are incredibly low, mind saving some of the raffle luck for a couple other folks? 😂

Seriously congrats on the hunts, glad it’s working for you

This may be the most depressing thing I have read this month. Those odds are incredibly low, mind saving some of the raffle luck for a couple other folks? 😂

Seriously congrats on the hunts, glad it’s working for you

Sorry but you have to play to win. I've lost way more raffles than I've won but as Michael Jordan says "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."

It's so bad around my house I just hand my wife raffle flyers for Christmas and Birthday presents.

Good Luck all!

PS RMBS still has sheep and goat tickets on sale- Shameless plug www.bighornsheep.org

Sorry but you have to play to win. I've lost way more raffles than I've won but as Michael Jordan says "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."

It's so bad around my house I just hand my wife raffle flyers for Christmas and Birthday presents.

Good Luck all!

PS RMBS still has sheep and goat tickets on sale- Shameless plug www.bighornsheep.org
Hey I hear you, but with some of those odds you would need to put in to 1000+ raffles before having an expectation of winning, so you are still a lot luckier than other folks.

I 100% agree you can’t win if you don’t play, but there are people consistently playing that definitely aren’t winning as much as you. More power to you

Hey I hear you, but with some of those odds you would need to put in to 1000+ raffles before having an expectation of winning, so you are still a lot luckier than other folks.

I 100% agree you can’t win if you don’t play, but there are people consistently playing that definitely aren’t winning as much as you. More power to you
Right on. Not to mention people like myself that are the polar opposite in the luck department. I also use the got to be in it to win it theory of raffles. However vastly different results. I bet I have spent $40k in raffles over decades and decades. I won a small cooler once and a 50/50 raffle once for about $150 bucks. I typically don't draw tags even when they are over 50% draw odds. Its just my lot in life. I know a couple people like Sandbrew. Most of the time they don't even know how lucky they are. Every one of those draws is once in a lifetime type draw odds. Congrats to Sandbrew. He is doing something right.

A friend of mine has drawn 3 (THREE!) Bighorn Ram tags in Montana and a ewe tag!

Another friend drew a Bighorn Ram tag one year, waited the 7 year mandatory wait period. First time he could apply he drew another Bighorn Ram tag!

I drew a Montana mountain goat tag after 33 years. Never got a goat but had an amazing time hunting. Populations tanked and there just weren't any goats. Selway Bitterroots west of Stevensville. Only saw one goat scouting and hunting, ONE!

43 years in a row for moose and sheep. Nothing!

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gcporteous
Back