MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Desert Bighorn Ram

Zellhouse

After months of preperations, opening day finally arrived. Seemed like I was in a state of shock from the tag notification forwards. Didn't expect to draw this tag with <2% draw odds as a resident with 29 bonus points. Drew tag number 4 of 4 for the 2nd hunt in AZ Unit 45A, the Kofas.

Booked with Pat Feldt of AZ Guided Hunts, & had a truly great experience with a seasoned professional guide. We were on sheep from the get go, spotting the same class 4 ram for several days in a row. One of these times was from more than 4 miles away. A majority of the hunt was stalking this same ram. He never gave us on a opportunity to set up for a shot, disappearing over an adjacent ridge several times. Begin to wonder after day 3 if I had gotten in over my head physically, but I staid the course, finishing up on my last day of the hunt with this great trophy.

He is a class 4 ram that G&F aged at 8.5 years old. "Curly" as Pat called him disappeared for a week, last seen 2 days before the opener. Pat found him around noon of the final day just 100 yards from where he was last seen. Got into position from an opposite ridge, at 300 yards to make the shot. Took over an hour to climb up the 500 yards to his location, & we spent the afternoon with him getting back to the rig at dark.

IMG_6051.JPGIMG_6013.JPGIMG_6017.JPG

Congratulations on your beautiful ram from the Kofa NWR. Trophy of a lifetime. Happy New Year 2023, TheGrayRider.

The stuff of dreams right there. Congratulations. Beautiful ram!

Congratulations. Great ram.

It gives renewed spark to the very slight flame that some day my 20+ desert sheep points in AZ and NV could miraculously disappear. Very unlikely. Actually almost 1/infinity odds, but you have relit the eternal optimism in me, even as a non-resident.

Congratulations. Great ram.

It gives renewed spark to the very slight flame that some day my 20+ desert sheep points in AZ and NV could miraculously disappear. Very unlikely. Actually almost 1/infinity odds, but you have relit the eternal optimism in me, even as a non-resident.
Thanks... am truly humbled at this opportunity. At 67 years old I've heard your advice b4 about running out of health. Was beginning to wonder if I was going to age out prior to drawing. The good Lord provided this opportunity & I am truly a blessed man.

Thank you for your work with "Fresh Tracks" & all that you do to advance the cause of conservation & western big game hunting.

Jeff K.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back