Denver area weekend, what do?

I mean wow didn’t expect so much bad news about Denver
I have been in Colorado but not downtown Denver
sounds sad 😞
Downtown Denver has went down hill fast and becoming another San Francisco. Cheeseman park used to be nice hang out, now it's taken over by gays and homeless and needles all over. Many of the parks have feces everywhere and homeless take over all the park benches to sleep.

sounds sad 😞

downtown denver is a lot of fun. but more in a touristy way, not so much a have to live there way.

the neighborhoods are where it's at. cap hill, uptown, berkeley (tennyson street is awesome), sunnyside, highland, west highland, sloan lake/edgewater area. I lived in berkeley for 4 years and loved it. but i was certainly ready to get out when it came time.

it took me nearly 30 minutes to get to my costco yesterday, which is only a 4.6 mile drive

i mean holy shit, it's hard to think of any legit reasons to live here anymore. it's a daily headache to leave your house, to go anywhere, ever. if it weren't for both my parents and my in laws living here and future plans to have children we would have promptly sailed away a while ago i think.

What's nuts is that the pandemic really didn't have that much of an effect.

People complain about the traffic in Boston being horrific, and currently it's pretty much non-existent, though at rush our it's coming back a bit.

Aurora to Downtown has only been marginally better this past year... and the weekends up to the mountains are still stupid.

Last edited:

You're welcome.

Botanical Gardens are nice. LoDo can be fun if you're a yokel hanging out in the big city. Some really good food around Union Station. Tupelo Honey makes an old fashioned that is just to die for, and Blue has fantastic sushi.

The people watching can be outstanding throughout downtown. Enjoy the crush of humanity. Bring a mask. Preferably a charcoal activated one to mask out the aforementioned 5 P's.

You're welcome.

Botanical Gardens are nice. LoDo can be fun if you're a yokel hanging out in the big city. Some really good food around Union Station. Tupelo Honey makes an old fashioned that is just to die for, and Blue has fantastic sushi.

The people watching can be outstanding throughout downtown. Enjoy the crush of humanity. Bring a mask. Preferably a charcoal activated one to mask out the aforementioned 5 P's.

i'm not sure it'll be open. still temporarily closed i think.

but, no matter how long you've lived in colorado, casa bonita is always a good time.

1617908144819.png

What's nuts is that the pandemic really didn't have that much of an effect.

People complain about the traffic in Boston being horrific, and currently it's pretty much non-existent, though at rush coming back a bit.

Aurora to Down has only been marginally better this past year... and the weekends up to the mountains are still stupid.

the pandemic had a big effect in the positive for the first i dunno, 4-6 months, but we're back to status quo at least

i still don't have to drive to work these days. and because of that i've sorta forgotten that like one of the single biggest complaints i have with living in colorado on the front range is almost single handedly traffic. good lord is it bad. just about everywhere. fort collins to colorado springs.

You can't tell people your from Colorado unless you went to Casa Bonita for graduation or prom.

Wyoming.

Birthdays. That was the motherlode of all birthday parties. 5 hours to get there, the experience, then 5 hours home. All for some of the worst Mexican food on the planet. What a wonderful childhood.

Wyoming.

Birthdays. That was the motherlode of all birthday parties. 5 hours to get there, the experience, then 5 hours home. All for some of the worst Mexican food on the planet. What a wonderful childhood.
Yeah they loaded us up on school buses and we drove from Gypsum :ROFLMAO:

the pandemic had a big effect in the positive for the first i dunno, 4-6 months, but we're back to status quo at least

i still don't have to drive to work these days. and because of that i've sorta forgotten that like one of the single biggest complaints i have with living in colorado on the front range is almost single handedly traffic. good lord is it bad. just about everywhere. fort collins to colorado springs.
Yeah... April for me was waaay better, but by Oct I was like... :sick:

sounds sad 😞
It's a typical liberal large city center. Lots of obnoxious cars, people, drugs, homeless, traffic...the smog has actually gotten better.

It's a typical liberal large city center. Lots of obnoxious cars, people, drugs, homeless, traffic...the smog has actually gotten better.
Yeah I guess I just didn’t think it made it to Denver. I was in Baltimore MD over Easter and seen everything you listed but I knew that before I got there. Hell a lot of small towns in this country have drug problems.

My family from NY, NJ and VT are always astonished at the amount of traffic on the Front Range of CO. I always thought the Garden State Parkway was bad getting to the shore for fourth of July, but its nothing compared to getting to a ski area on any given Saturday.

OP, if you've got some time and a fishing rod, some of the rivers on the western slope are really starting to wake up. The Eagle and Colorado should be fishing well and there are some big fish in there. It'll be a couple hour drive one way tho, depending on traffic...................

it took me nearly 30 minutes to get to my costco yesterday, which is only a 4.6 mile drive

i mean holy shit, it's hard to think of any legit reasons to live here anymore. it's a daily headache to leave your house, to go anywhere, ever. if it weren't for both my parents and my in laws living here and future plans to have children we would have promptly sailed away a while ago i think.
Takes me about the same amount of time, but about 6x the amount of miles....

Try not to trip over the photographers if you go

takes some serious effort not to trip over all the runner girls, 60 year olds with knee high socks and walkin sticks, and family parades

but you're just as liable to trip over a sheep, damn near literally lol

The Eagle and Colorado should be fishing well and there are some big fish in there. It'll be a couple hour drive one way tho, depending on traffic...................
I can personally confirm the CO below Glenwood is in good shape as of a week ago. Big fish moving but still in Spring conditions (I.e. big heads, skinny bodies)

66EECD33-E256-4B56-B16A-E7DF10C2A74F.jpeg

Downtown Denver has went down hill fast and becoming another San Francisco. Cheeseman park used to be nice hang out, now it's taken over by gays and homeless and needles all over. Many of the parks have feces everywhere and homeless take over all the park benches to sleep.
That’s a bit of an exaggeration and make it sound disgusting. I work for the city (forestry) and work in the parks every day. Civic center excluded, most of the large homeless camps have been kicked out of the parks and are living in the ROW. If there are groups in some of the other parks they are in a small pocket of the park, not the entire park. I would still take my young daughters (4,1) to all Denver parks minus civic center. That park is exactly how you describe. The city has 24 hour clean up crews trying to keep up.

There is a serious homeless, drug, etc problem in Denver right now. For an example, there was a homeless camp along Atkins ct near the S Platte River. They were living on the sidewalk and parking strip. They were given notice to get out and after they took everything the wanted/could, we were called into help because of our oversized debris moving equipment. In a roughly 250 yard stretch the crews hauled 23 tons of debris left on site, and that doesn’t include what the traditional trash trucks hauled out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ram0307
Back