PEAX Equipment

Denver area weekend, what do?

That’s a bit of an exaggeration and make it sound disgusting. I work for the city (forestry) and work in the parks every day. Civic center excluded, most of the large homeless camps have been kicked out of the parks and are living in the ROW. If there are groups in some of the other parks they are in a small pocket of the park, not the entire park. I would still take my young daughters (4,1) to all Denver parks minus civic center. That park is exactly how you describe. The city has 24 hour clean up crews trying to keep up.

There is a serious homeless, drug, etc problem in Denver right now. For an example, there was a homeless camp along Atkins ct near the S Platte River. They were living on the sidewalk and parking strip. They were given notice to get out and after they took everything the wanted/could, we were called into help because of our oversized debris moving equipment. In a roughly 250 yard stretch the crews hauled 23 tons of debris left on site, and that doesn’t include what the traditional trash trucks hauled out.
I worked downtown for 10 years, 14th & Champa mostly in the AT&T building. Homeless taking a dump in the front stoop was always a pleasant morning aroma.

I'll admit I didn't get to any of the city parks much, but I can't imagine them being better than the streets.

Drove up to Adams County Fairgrounds last weekend. The homeless have a nice encampment going off 270 in Commerce City right off the river.

The mayor and governor aren't doing jack about the downtown problems.

I worked downtown for 10 years, 14th & Champa mostly in the AT&T building. Homeless taking a dump in the front stoop was always a pleasant morning aroma.

I'll admit I didn't get to any of the city parks much, but I can't imagine them being better than the streets.

Drove up to Adams County Fairgrounds last weekend. The homeless have a nice encampment going off 270 in Commerce City right off the river.

The mayor and governor aren't doing jack about the downtown problems.
It’s a never ending problem, they kick them out of an area and clean it up and then they take over a new area. I can tell you from first hand knowledge the staff that deals with it every day and their management are fed up and want the problem to go away. The city gets sued regularly over evicting the encampments. Not sure what the solution would even be, if you have ideas I’m sure they would be appreciated because right now their hands are tied. (I don’t disagree with you)

And yes that 270 one is something, for a while there was a small city with buildings and vehicles between 70 and 270 on 76.

My favorite thing to do down in the Denver metro is......................... leave!
This is universal and why I think Denver sucks as a place to live, compared to other cities.

People move to Chicago to live in Chicago, people move to Denver to leave as soon as they can on Thursday afternoon.

Stay in Wisconsin, enjoy cheap housing spend the delta on vacations to CO or MT or WY, why move to spend your life on I-70.

It’s a never ending problem, they kick them out of an area and clean it up and then they take over a new area. I can tell you from first hand knowledge the staff that deals with it every day and their management are fed up and want the problem to go away. The city gets sued regularly over evicting the encampments. Not sure what the solution would even be, if you have ideas I’m sure they would be appreciated because right now their hands are tied. (I don’t disagree with you)

And yes that 270 one is something, for a while there was a small city with buildings and vehicles between 70 and 270 on 76.
Whatever happened to the Step 13 guy? Peter Boyles used to have him on his morning show all the time when he was on KHOW.

Just as a matter of fact, I give monthly to Denver Rescue Mission. I think they are doing good work with the homeless.

I have not seen anyone mention this yet: Spring Turkey OTC. Plenty of spots with in hour of Denver. Yes it will be crowded but you will still have a good chance at filling a tag.

Lots of great fishing and hiking.

Ignore alot of shittalk you see on here about Denver especially by people from out of state or one time visitors. Just like any other major city in US it has its issues. If it wasn’t a great place to live we wouldn’t have so many people moving here. Those who want to be last one in and close the gate behind them are the ones who will always complain. Overall its a great place. Lots of good breweries, many new great restaurants, etc. enjoy your visit

I have not seen anyone mention this yet: Spring Turkey OTC. Plenty of spots with in hour of Denver. Yes it will be crowded but you will still have a good chance at filling a tag.

Lots of great fishing and hiking.

Ignore alot of shittalk you see on here about Denver especially by people from out of state or one time visitors. Just like any other major city in US it has its issues. If it wasn’t a great place to live we wouldn’t have so many people moving here. Those who want to be last one in and close the gate behind them are the ones who will always complain. Overall its a great place. Lots of good breweries, many new great restaurants, etc. enjoy your visit
Lots of Denver's problems were a direct result of legalized weed and the fact that it's run by liberals. It's a sheet-hole pure & simple.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back