Denver area bike shops?

@JLS @rwc101 @anyoneelsewhowantstohelp

Should the cassette have free play in the individual gears like this?
It shifts fine but it’s feels like it’s got a clunk or knock in the cranks at times.
I’ve tightened the lock ring.
that’s not it.
@Hem does your bike have this same drive? Is there play in the cassette?
No, mine has no play whatsoever.
Hope you get it resolved.

What kind of shoes and pedals are you guys using?

I’m currently running some pretty big flats that Kona makes with my crispi summit gtx’s.
The only thing I really don’t like about them is that I’m pretty bad about scraping them on the ground as I pedal around corners and I’m wondering if maybe a smaller pedal would help with that?
maybe it’s just my technique?

The old guys I ride with swear by various forms of those click in jobs and seem to think it would make me a faster rider, but do those things have a din setting or something?
when I wreck I like to get away from the bike and I don’t really want my knees ripped off so if they’re like any more dangerous than just the standard flats idk if I’m interested. 🤷‍♂️

Hope you guys have been getting some good rides in this spring 👍

Left on read?
seriously?
thanks guys.
I remember when this forum used to be a good place to discuss adventure sports with friends.
Now all you guys wanna do is bust Bob Shuals balls.
I’ll remember this come September.
smh
I swear.

Drama queen. Like Big Shooter, I was working.

I use flat pedals and wear Five Ten shoes. I’ve worn biking shoes and different style of clipless pedals. I far prefer the flats.

I ride flats. Don't pedal through tights turns. Some bikes just have lower bottom brackets which can lead to pedal strikes though most modern bikes have a bunch of clearance.

Dude I just decided to punt on my tubeless tires today and put in a tube since I was tired of screwing with it...

and then it took like me like 90min just to get the tire off 🤦‍♂️

at this point I wouldn't take my advice.
This brings me to my next question, should I add a touch of tire sealant before taking it on the first ride of the year?

Damn!
Gonna have to go to the bike shop.
Pump up the tire tonight and then check it in the morning to see if it lost much. If not you're good for a ride or two, but definitely add it.

I was losing most of my pressure by the end of every week and adding more sealant wasn't working. I think the issue was the tape or my stem and I didn't want to waste time diagnosing the issue.

So now I have slime tubes in tubeless tires like a true jabroni.

Yeah. I add new every six months or so.
I called sram.
This is the part number they gave me.
The bike had the one with the lever on it when I got it, but I’m guessing this is the same thing except you just give her a little twist of the Allen wrench 🤷‍♂️
I’ll tell the survivors to let you know if the front wheel comes off.

IDK, I'd be really hard pressed to buy a new bike.

But I would take that Santa Cruz over that Specialized.

For not much more than the Specialized you can get the C1.5 https://yeticycles.com/bikes/sb130
or this guy https://www.salsacycles.com/bikes/2021_horsethief_carbon_xt
Do you lock out your suspension on climbs?
Do you have remote lockout?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back