MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Denver area bike shops?

IDK, I'd be really hard pressed to buy a new bike.
Not sure what the current market is like but historically you can get a bike a couple seasons old for like 50% off... so yeah I'm with you.

Do you lock out your suspension on climbs?
Kinda depends on a lot of factors, I have a XC bike with not a ton of travel in the back so typically I don't.

Those both look cool af, but for riding here in the Midwest I just don’t know if I need that much travel and they’re 6lbs+ heavier than the specialized.
What's the terrain like? IMHO there are a lot of trails out west that are pretty smooth were you don't actually need full suspension, in New England trails are way tighter, steeper and technical and it's helpful.

What's the terrain like? IMHO there are a lot of trails out west that are pretty smooth were you don't actually need full suspension, in New England trails are way tighter, steeper and technical and it's helpful.
There are. But there are just as many crazy steep with giant air trails. I used to preach the hard tail gospel, then I got a nice full suspension. Now I wouldn't even think about going back to a hardtail.

BTW Dougs I assume you're a L or XL frame, but if you pics are deceiving here's a cheaper Evo

My bike doesn’t have a ton of travel either, sometimes I forget to lock out the rear. On a long climb it is nice. On short climbs and descents I don’t often mess with it.

I’d buy used if you’re not in a hurry

There are. But there are just as many crazy steep with giant air trails. I used to preach the hard tail gospel, then I got a nice full suspension. Now I wouldn't even think about going back to a hardtail.

BTW Dougs I assume you're a L or XL frame, but if you pics are deceiving here's a cheaper Evo
I prob won’t be in the market until next summer if at all.
Just kinda wanted to start a dream bike thread.
That bike on Craigslist looks like a sweet deal.
I think the difference between the epic evo and expert is that the evo doesn’t have the auto locking suspension (brain).
For my next hike I really either want the brain or remote lock outs on the handlebar which I know can always be added later 🤷‍♂️

Also, idk if I’m man enough for whistler.

gravel bikes guys.

mt bikes are old news.
Gravel bikes are for Dad's who's post-kids life allows for zero fun, and they've almost died enough times trying to ride county roads and their impending mid-life crisis has them clinging to every minute they're still not-comatose, and they know they need to stay active to keep the Depends Days as far in the future as possible....

so they spend 3k on another road bike and just so they can put "slightly" larger tires on it with just a wisp of tread and claim it's a new sport. And that it's "fun"

Gravel bikes are for Dad's who's post-kids life allows for zero fun, and they've almost died enough times trying to ride county roads and their impending mid-life crisis has them clinging to every minute they're still not-comatose, and they know they need to stay active to keep the Depends Days as far in the future as possible....

so they spend 3k on another road bike and just so they can put "slightly" larger tires on it with just a wisp of tread and claim it's a new sport. And that it's "fun"

nah, they're for real athletes who bike and put on serious miles more than twice a week, just like road bikes.

it's pretty much a fact, at least in colorado, that if you own a mt bike you're statistically a 49 year old overweight dad who's having a mid life crisis.

mt biking is overplayed. it used to be what road racers did on occasion and in the offf season to sandbag and drink. now it's what every tom dick harry sally and sally jr is doing. over crowded and over built trails. bleh.

on one hand, i just love to troll, on the other hand, i seriously have no intention of owning a mt bike ever again ;)

nah, they're for real athletes who bike more than twice a week, just like road bikes.

it's pretty much a fact, at least in colorado, that if you own a mt bike you're statistically a 49 year old overweight dad who's having a mid life crisis.

mt biking is overplayed. it used to be what road racers did on occasion and in the offf season to sandbag and drink. now it's what every tom dick harry sally and sally jr is doing. over crowded and over built trails. bleh.
There is much fault to be had in the mt bike space, and when in the right mood I'll rail against that culture with all my strength and ferocity. But in the end, it's still fun. Gravel biking is not fun. Road biking is not fun. Running is not fun.

There is much fault to be had in the mt bike space, and when in the right mood I'll rail against that culture with all my strength and ferocity. But in the end, it's still fun. Gravel biking is not fun. Road biking is not fun. Running is not fun.

road biking, gravel biking, running and trail running are literally all i do lol.

when it's about fitness instead of pure fun, it becomes tons of fun ;)

getting out twice a week on the mt bike has little fitness value, and therefore, hard for me to find value in it honestly.

i won't deny it is fun though.

1657042471629.png

nah, they're for real athletes who bike and put on serious miles more than twice a week, just like road bikes.

Cycling is a weekend treat to the purist of athletes like myself, road runners.

it's pretty much a fact, at least in colorado, that if you own a mt bike you're statistically a 49 year old overweight dad who's having a mid life crisis
This part is true.
And they can only ride like 5 miles but they’re really stoked about building more trails.
And they make a post on Facebook every time they pick up a stick on the trail.

maybe i just hit the trend early. i ditched my mt bike in high school for a road bike, raced for a few years in college, then became obsessed with trail running, did a few races. now i just piss and moan about everything while working on the yard.

kid isn't even born yet...

holy shit.

Back