Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Denver area bike shops?

You guys got any affordable hitch mounted carriers you’d recommend?

I’ve got a sketchy Walmart special that kinda lets the bikes walk around and or jump out of the cradles, resulting in the frame getting scratched up and I don’t want to do that to a new bike.

Is one of those tailgate towels the cheapest, easiest, safest way to go?

I’ve got a sketchy Walmart special that kinda lets the bikes walk around and or jump out of the cradles, resulting in the frame getting scratched up and I don’t want to do that to a new bike.

If you watch you can pick up bike racks for as pretty reasonable price. I like the tray design. A lot of the newer bikes won't work on the style of rack that frame hangs on.

A tailgate towel is easy too. Just make sure whatever you use you lock it.

You’re anti giant?
All of the bikes you’ve shared look kick ass.
I’m only 5’9” ish so idk if I’d be able to get my leg over that
XL transition 🤷‍♂️
Giants are pretty decent for the money. If it were me, I'd spend a little more and buy a newer used bike.

You’re anti giant?
All of the bikes you’ve shared look kick ass.
I’m only 5’9” ish so idk if I’d be able to get my leg over that
XL transition 🤷‍♂️
gotcha. I mean yeah probably a scoshe too big then. I'm a sucker for a deal though.

You got me all hot and bothered with the 4k number you first threw out. I mean Giant is okay, but really those components aren't great. I've found that uphill is immensely easier with better shifting than any other improvement. You won't be able to tell 3 lbs but you will be able to tell a perfect instant shift that allows you to maintain your momentum and cadence.

If you watch you can pick up bike racks for as pretty reasonable price. I like the tray design. A lot of the newer bikes won't work on the style of rack that frame hangs on.

A tailgate towel is easy too. Just make sure whatever you use you lock it.
I rock the tailgate towel and a lock as well.

I built a fork mount setup for the back of my pickup. I don't know if the bed in the Gladiator is long enough for this. It works really well, I can lock the bike with a cable and also lock it with the topper as well.

If you use a bumper hitch style carrier, make sure you clean your bike after hauling it a ways. My bottom bracket bearing shit the bed really fast, and the mechanic who repaired it said it looked like it had been immersed in salt water. Probably road salt is my guess.

For tray style, the Yakima Holdup 2 is on the less expensive end: $400. I have it (with the +2 extension) and it's pretty solid, and easy to get on and off, and to get the extension on and off. I highly recommend it. I have an XXL MTB, and my kiddo a 24", no add-ons needed.

After researching hanging type it seems you need adapters to get everything fitting right, which bring the cost up a good bit, and seems like a pain.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back