Denver area bike shops?

That's an interesting take. I can't peg my heartrate near as high running or roadbiking as I can mountain biking. Mainly because with running or road biking hitting that max heartrate is all mental, you can always back off just a bit, and my feeble mind always does. VS mountain biking, often just getting up the trail is so friggin' hard that it's everything I can physically do to get to the top.

Road biking is 100% about how far you can crawl into the pain cave and how long you can hang out there. For me, I barely look at the cave and then shift into an easier gear.
Personal differences are interesting for sure, I can't get my heart rate all that high on a mountain bike, probably because I'm a lousy biker, I pretty much fall off before I can push that hard...
I should clarify that having a giant cardio base from road biking is by no means a bad thing, as @TOGIE said serious road bikers are usually pretty good at moving in general...

This,

@JLS helped me in choosing a bike. I showed Mrs45 a lot of full suspension bikes before I spent $3k less on a hardtail. She was happy and I'm happy.
I made it my daily commuter and saw fast gains in cardio. I've gone from thinking I was definitely going to die to thinking I might die.

I'm not stumping, but am now using it on gravel. Not going up the gondola with it any time soon.

The neighbors are getting a kick out of a fat Billy Gibbons in his bike helmet. Tough, none of them could do the ride. I will spare them the spandex until I get down to 195.

As a commuter, I wish I had a bigger front sprocket, not more low end.

I was looking at gravel bikes before deciding on a new hardtail. Works for commuting, easy single track trails and forest roads. My wife has a gravel bike and most forest roads that we usually ride are a bit too rough for it IMO. Hard to beat a hardtail.

Who is in for biking the Magruder with me next summer?

i have always found it interesting that when you look at top 10 lists of VO2 max, it's always road cyclists and xc skiers. maybe with a runner or two in there.

chicken or the egg? i don't know 🤷‍♂️

i wouldn't say that top 10 list necessarily says anything about what sport is hardest or what type of cycling is most intense. but it says a lot about what type of physiology will put you at the top of a sport, or in this case, xc skiing and road cycling.

all i know is i've never hiked faster for longer than when i was riding my road bike 300-400 miles a week. did a lot of peak bagging those days and holy shit were we fast. but i also lived in boulder at the time. canyon riding for days.
I experienced the same thing, except I was training for a 50 mile trail run. My guess is it’s more a volume thing.

I was running 2-3 days a week, 40 miles or so, then mountain biking and lifting in between. I hunted the Rubies in NV that year, and the speed and duration I could climb at, even at the 9-11k foot range was unlike any I’ve ever repeated since.

Is it ok to be raising hell on the guy at the dealership over the phone if this issue still hasn’t been resolved?
I didn’t use any swear word but I expressed frustration.
I can only take that covid bs for so long.
I reached out to Kona directly and they say they have no record of the claim the bike shop claimed they made and that I need to try to go through the dealer to get this fixed.
Dealer claims they’ve got warranty claims on several Kona’s.
If woody doesn’t call me back by tomorrow afternoon I’m driving over there and putting on a show this Saturday.

It’s gotten worse since this video with over 1000 views on my yt channel.(nbd)

Woody’s been ducking and dodging my phone calls for like 3 months now.
Who takes lunch at 3:50pm smh.
This sounds like me and PureFishing (Parent of Shakespeare ) trying to get a defective fly rod replaced, as they promised. I've wasted many times the cost of the rod in man hours at my pay rate. Over a year and still no replacement.

This sounds like me and PureFishing (Parent of Shakespeare ) trying to get a defective fly rod replaced, as they promised. I've wasted many times the cost of the rod in man hours at my pay rate. Over a year and still no replacement.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
believeinyourself
Back