Deer - lets see em

Well this isn’t the best picture of the deer, but one my buddy took Sunday morning that I really like. This is attempting to cross the Choctawhatchee in waders before giving up and going another half mile north to the Jon boat I had used to cross earlier this morning. Sat on the ground in my waders and took either the 2nd or 3rd biggest whitetail of life, and easily the most work to get one out but it was extremely enjoyable. Deboned him on the ground just like I’ve done two elk now, and with a buddy who helped me with my elk. Great day in the woods (errr swamp)!!

wEXnyOc.jpeg

@Scrappy Did you get those bucks anywhere close to one another? They look very similar!
The two trees I shot each buck from is only about 100 yards apart. The second buck died 10 yards from the tree I shot the first one from. So yes more than likely they were kin to each other. The genetics they have is really strong in that area.

Started 2021 off with a meat hunt and came home with meat and a beautiful set of antlers. Had a nice little doe show up at 30 yards and an MLK day hunt. FIL gave me a private property doe tag for Christmas and couldn’t pass up the opportunity. In the 100 yard blood trail I found a beautiful white tail shed set. The blood trail actually landed on one of the antlers. It seemed very early for a shed but i have never held WT antlers in my hands. Is it normal for them to shed this time of year? Also seems like a huge buck to me but I have nothing to compare it to...60D4593F-7EA5-40E3-94F0-F4F8C8CD6D3A.jpeg2E118793-DE49-4C34-8CB5-C422895C72B8.jpeg48DF3755-77C2-4BF0-A126-F094CBE3B6E3.jpegD797CFFD-0E27-45D1-89C1-AEEE40EDD622.jpeg

Back