PEAX Equipment

Deer - lets see em

Thank you sir. He was a difficult buck to connect with. I saw him briefly, in fading light, prior to the rut. Then he completely disappeared for the entire rut. Finally caught up with him post rut. He was quite wary and ended up having to make a 408 yard shot on him. He's 22" inside and scored a gross of 162 B&C. Biologist aged him at 6.5 years old and had a field dressed weight of 165 lbs.
👍👍

Good choice on having him shoulder mounted!

Nice buck. But forgive my ignorance ... what does "South Texas, low fence" mean?
In Texas most every piece of property is privately owned. Some property owners do not employ any sort of wildlife management, while others do. If your neighbor is a "If it brown, it's down" (meaning they kill every/anything), but you want to manage for older, mature and larger bucks, you have no choice but to put a game proof fence and prevent the deer from wandering onto your neighbor's property and getting shot at 2.5 years old.
I personally, do not like to hunt such a set up, so I hunt ranches that have a standard barbed wire fence, allowing the deer to roam where they choose.
"South Texas" simply refers to the region of the state where I was hunting. It was approximately 40 miles SE of Laredo and approximately 20 miles from the US/Mexican border.

CO 2019, 60yds

Ps For anyone that feels the need for a nail polish comment, I have a 2 year old daughter that painted them and said it would help me, got a deer so can’t say it didn’t work...
Will she paint mine? I always need more help.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back