Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Deer Hunting With A Winchester 1895

shrapnel

I have a doe permit and planned on shooting it with my 1895 in 40-72. I ran into a 2 point mule deer buck at 162 yards and shot him. Maybe tomorrow I will get a doe...

image_36.jpeg

Way cool! Someday, when both of my boys are filling the freezer I could easily see me getting an old rifle kinda like that to hunt with.

But this post/pic does beg the question, how did you get him in the truck? :D

Dadgumit Shrap, another cool gun! I might have to put viewing your gun collection on my bucket list!

You should really get out and enjoy yourself more.;)

...good stuff.

Last edited:
Now that's what I like to see... an old gun actually out doing its purpose instead of being the safe queen.

Great job!

I have a doe permit and planned on shooting it with my 1895 in 40-72. I ran into a 2 point mule deer buck at 162 yards and shot him. Maybe tomorrow I will get a doe...

image_36.jpeg

That is a nice buck and one sweet Winchester. Congrats shrapnel!

Nice looking gun.
That is not you standard 1 1/2 year old fork horn. I am betting on at least 3 or 4 years old. Would be interesting to know the age

Someone saw the post on the Internet and contacted me about an article for a book on old Winchesters. The greatest number of model 1895's were made for U.S. and Russian government contracts. That left few that really got into the hands of hunters. Of those few, very few were chambered for 40-72. Then to find a survivor in this condition is truly fortunate...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back