Deer Down with pics now

Kraven

At 12:15 this afternoon I got my Mule Deer Doe.We had an exciting day of hunting.We didnt see too many Doe that were shootable since the wind was not cooperating at all.All in all we saw close to 2 dozen deer and 3 were nice bucks,but I had a Doe tag to fill for the area.
I had dropped down into a canyon and left my Dad on the otherside so he could do some glassing.He spotted this Doe when I was in the bottom,as I came up to the top I saw her running,she was very skiddish sopping and running again aswell as zig zagging on top of the ridge.I had found a nice rock outcropping to use as a rest,it was almost like shooting at the range.The Doe finally stopped on top and turned broadside to me,she was between 250-300yds away.I put the crosshairs on her and she dropped like a sack of potatoes.I had gotten her right where the skull meets the neck.Dad was watching thru the binocs and he said he watched the tuft of hair fly then she just dropped.
We took some good pics of her then we cleaned her up,loaded her onto the packframe and I hauled her out on my back.It was a great day with my Dad.When we got to his house we hoisted her up in the shed and skinned her out.First thing in the morning we will be heading to the butcher.
I'll have the weight right after I get back but the pics should be up in the early afternoon. :D

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 11-17-2002 10:13: Message edited by: Kraven ]</font>

Wahoo, good job bud. I knew you were going to get one today, I just had that feeling. Glad you got your deer Kevin!!

Good on ya Kev
I was starting to worry after the bad luck with bear and elk,you always got that Buck in the back garden ;)

Well just got back from the butcher.The Doe weighed in at a whopping 73lbs.So I should have some really tender steaks and some good Summer Sausage pretty soon.Thanks for all the well wishes all.

Congrats, It ain't the 73 lbs, it ain't the big racks . Its the thrill of being there that counts. And time spent with friends and family.

Kraven:

Nice job! Now you got some meat for the
season. I wasn't around for the opener. I
helped me father in law get a doe in the
Foster Creek gmu. The deer was in bad shape.
The ribs were sticking out due to malnutrition. The bio aged the doe at around
14 years. He did give him another tag as Darrel didn't reallly want to eat the thing.
I'm going out Thurs and Sat if neeeded in
the Vail unit. Hopefully, we'll see some
bucks.

Spotted good luck to ya on the late hunt hope you can find some bucks.Congrats to your father in law on the Doe,that was nice of the Biologist to give him an extra tag,first thing nice I've heard them do in a while.
The only unit up by me open is the 407 unit and there aint much area to hunt in there so my dad and bro are hoping one of the local farmers here will let them on the property to hunt.
Good luck to ya again hopefully the rain will get them moving for ya.Them Blacktails love the rain :D :D

Back