Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

deer carts

Exo Mountain 3500! I show my legs too but no need to make anyone loose their breakfast.

20141010_152544_zpsb7ac7811.jpg

I use a one wheel cart called a PONY way better than anypack I have tried.You can push like a wheelbarrow or has a shoulder harness so can pull it hands free.I have brought mule deer out hole in one trip. A quartered elk in two trips.

Deer carts are unusable in most of the places we hunt. Rocky, thick brush, steep. Packframe is about the only option.
We can't all hunt like the guys on the tv shows from back east. Where it looks like you're hunting in a local park, all that's missing is the swing set.

Kind of ironic. I have a game cart, but we use it around the yard much like a normal person would use a wheelbarrow. It's great for hauling hay bales. I've never used my game cart to haul game. It's a long story, but the one time that a game cart would have been handy for hauling game, I ended up using a wheelbarrow instead.

I'm not sure we could get a game cart to the spots where we usually shoot big bucks. They usually come out on our backs.

Attachments

• 311941_10150367083189119_857309326_n.jpg
    311941_10150367083189119_857309326_n.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 536
  • 1390689_10152517359109119_1236903906_n.jpg
    1390689_10152517359109119_1236903906_n.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 514
I guess I hunt like a TV host from back east on a manicured lawn.

I spend a ton of time hunting old logging areas, and we use either a cart or sled a good portion of the time getting game back to the truck.

This year I killed my whitetail two miles from the truck and found it at 9 am. I had it loaded whole in the back of the pickup by noon because I was able to drag it down to an old logging road and sled it out.

I'm not adverse to packing meat at all, but sometimes having a cart or sled around makes things a whole lot easier.

Along with my cart,I too use a game sled from Cabela's. Saved me a lot on my Wyoming moose hunt.Packed out my moose 1.5 miles in 6 trips with my sled.Paid for itself in that one hunt.

My family has been using one of these for the last 10-15 years - http://www.acehardware.com/product/index.jsp?productId=1443984

I honestly couldn't even tell you how many animals we've hauled out on it, but at least 2-3 per year since we've had it. Unfortunately it did it's last pullout this this fall, and I had to go to Ace to pickup it's replacement.

Last edited:
Randy your link didn't work.

I have one of those heavy duty Cabelas carts and have hauled a couple deer out on them. Sagebrush makes the process unbearably slow it rarely gets used.

Randy your link didn't work.

I have one of those heavy duty Cabelas carts and have hauled a couple deer out on them. Sagebrush makes the process unbearably slow it rarely gets used.

I think I fixed it there.

We have the mag hauler also, and in my experience if you're on a dry road they're fantastic, but any type of cross country is a pain in the ass.

I've had really good luck using a sled through dry sage with antelope. They're light enough that you really aren't even dragging, the friction of the vegetation is so little that your walking momentum is enough to have it keep up with you. Haven't tried it with deer.

Back