Dead elk around the snowy mountains in Montana

midwesthunter

I have a buddy that was planning a private land elk hunt this year, but landowners told him they have recently found a lot of dead elk. Anyone hear anything about this?

Was reading a thread yesterday about a guy finding a gut shot bull. Some how traced it to the hunter that shot it. Said there were two bulls running together when the hunter started shooting at them from a long range.

Shooting so far away that he gut shot one bull without knowing he hit it and then downed the second bull. Land owner found the gut shot bull and some how learned how the whole episode happened and was pretty up set about it all. Traced down the hunter who gut shot the bull.

Basically boiled down to the land owner saying that the hunter was un ethical and a poor sportsman for shooting at Elk so far off and not caring about gut shooting animals and not trying to retrieve them.

Then a lot of other members started posting pictures of Elk that people harvested portions of the Elk they killed leaving the majority of it to rot.

Was reading a thread yesterday about a guy finding a gut shot bull. Some how traced it to the hunter that shot it. Said there were two bulls running together when the hunter started shooting at them from a long range.

Shooting so far away that he gut shot one bull without knowing he hit it and then downed the second bull. Land owner found the gut shot bull and some how learned how the whole episode happened and was pretty up set about it all. Traced down the hunter who gut shot the bull.

Basically boiled down to the land owner saying that the hunter was un ethical and a poor sportsman for shooting at Elk so far off and not caring about gut shooting animals and not trying to retrieve them.

Then a lot of other members started posting pictures of Elk that people harvested portions of the Elk they killed leaving the majority of it to rot.
Supposedly the way I understood it. A lot of that goes on ? I was surprised to hear that but could see it possible seeing at how hard it would be to pack out that much meat for a very far trekk.

Supposedly the way I understood it. A lot of that goes on ? I was surprised to hear that but could see it possible seeing at how hard it would be to pack out that much meat for a very far trekk.
Lot of unethical hunters out there in the world.

Lot of unethical hunters out there in the world.
If those people with weapons are unethical, I would not consider them hunters any more than poachers resemble hunters. There needs to be a different term so does not sully the good name of people that try to follow the regulations.

You know, anyone that is not competent with a weapon at a distance are willing to lob out Hail Marys or did not practice with that weapon at any distance or illegally access lands using UTVs, illegally roadblock access for hunters, harass hunters, litter, on and on. Slobs do not earn the right to be called hunters anymore than stolen valor asshats are soldiers.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jerrod12
Back