De-publicize, De-glorify and De-monetize Western State Hunting

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we could somehow get those idiots in Helena to outlaw plinky piano music in TV commercials, we'll head off just about any antihunters and their PR campaigns.

The self-promoting hunters and hunting industry marketing is producing this stuff to increase audience size which they hope monetize through marketing, product sales, subscriptions, etc. They are not doing it to recruit new hunters. Their interest in new hunters is focused on product sales, not pro-hunting votes
They are definitely not doing it to recruit new hunters. It always makes me laugh when these self-promoting hunters complain on their youtube episodes about how many other hunters they are seeing while out hunting and how they did not expect to see anyone in as far as they were.

Still waiting for that first paycheck to come in for wildlife advocacy...so far, I'm in the hole somewhere between 7-10K, minimum.
was referring to your buddy Rob "mtnprst" but you knew that.

was referring to your buddy Rob "mtnprst" but you knew that.
Where do you get this "buddy" crap?...when you take on working for what's best for wildlife, you have no friends, and lose a lot of the ones you had. The tried and true stick with you, but most don't have the stomach for it.

Why its not for everybody.

Complain about Rob all you want...he's currently busy testifying at the WYGF commission meeting.
That's great and I'm positive there a lot of areas where folks are in total agreement with him.

But I don't think it excuses his complacency & advocacy for things like the Mesa & Anticline debacle that have led to less hunter opportunity & severely diminished wildlife populations. In fact, since he's hot-to-trot on how money influences these decisions, it made me wonder how much money those companies gave his newspaper when he was advocating for the company line.

Then, to complain about NR crowding under a diminished resource he helped adcvocate for is kinda horsechit.

That's great and I'm positive there a lot of areas where folks are in total agreement with him.

But I don't think it excuses his complacency & advocacy for things like the Mesa & Anticline debacle that have led to less hunter opportunity & severely diminished wildlife populations. In fact, since he's hot-to-trot on how money influences these decisions, it made me wonder how much money those companies gave his newspaper when he was advocating for the company line.

Then, to complain about NR crowding under a diminished resource he helped adcvocate for is kinda horsechit.
Totally agree...and I'm not excusing anyone.

But, show me a single person that hasn't had conflicts of interest, or at least conflicting views depending on how you want to justify your position. And that includes all kind of hypocrisy...and yes, I'm guilty of it too.

Totally agree...and I'm not excusing anyone.

But, show me a single person that hasn't had conflicts of interest, or at least conflicting views depending on how you want to justify your position. And that includes all kind of hypocrisy...and yes, I'm guilty of it too.

Of course we all are, but not all of us are trying to take stuff away from others to fix the #*^@#*-ups of our past. Learning from your mistakes is part of life, and certainly part of advocacy.

And as I said, while this effort is something a lot of folks would support (I certainly support 90-10 if that's what WY residents want), it comes across as a selfish ploy to get his honey hole back to himself, rather than fix the mess he helped create.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back