Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Daughter's first squirrel

VAspeedgoat

Squirrel season came in this weekend and I finally got a chance to take the kids out. This was my daughter's first time carrying a gun, but not her first time out in the woods. She declared where she wanted to sit before we even left the house. As luck would have it, as we were getting close I could see a limb shaking. This little guy another squirrel were eating hickory nuts. We would wait for the limb to shake and then move into range. She had a little trouble, but made a good shot. Not long into her first hunt and she was done and ready to show her brothers and her mother. It was all I could do to contain her to give her brothers more time to hunt. It was the first time I ever used a pink knife but thats part of it. Its also the first time I ever had someone set up and pose for a picture. We usually call her wildcat, but for while she'll be squirrel girl, every redneck boys dream! Thought some of the rest of you may enjoy.

Attachments

• KIMG0761_zpsxkast5xa.jpg
    KIMG0761_zpsxkast5xa.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 265
  • KIMG0763_zps5cfeubje.jpg
    KIMG0763_zps5cfeubje.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 268
  • KIMG0765_zpsjjkoqzuq.jpg
    KIMG0765_zpsjjkoqzuq.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 271
Awesome! I've still yet to hit the woods for squirrels. Very good times! Congrats to Lil' Miss!

Congrats to her she will never forget that. I remember my first one like it was yesterday. My first game animal. Big ole fox squirrel came out of his den in a large beech came running across the limb headed to get breakfast just after daylight. I raised the single shot 410 Stevens with my grandpa by my side and watched him tumble at the shot. Good times!!!!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back