Caribou Gear

Daughter School's Me

Big Sky

Yesterday my youngest daughter and I decided we needed a daddy/daughter day fishing. She graduates next month and every minute can spend together is cherished. The wind was brutal but the fishing was great. We are both anxious to go back and do it again. We caught so many fish we lost count and my arms actually are sore this morning. It is a good kind of sore though. While I may have caught a few more than her, she held her own pretty good, and ended up catching the largest fish of the day.

So without further delay here's a handful of pics from what we actually caught.

I got a couple okay fish.

...and this pig...

Shortly after this my daughter caught her big fish for the day. This is one nice 25" toothy monster from the deep. The closest I came was with a 23" fish.
One more just for fun.

Caught on jigs? They should be cruising the shallows pretty hard right now.

JLS, yes all on the jigs. Funny side story. There were several fly fishermen there. Between all of them they caught 3 fish. One guy caught two and his partner caught one. None of the others caught anything. I exchanged some information with some of the fishermen. One guy that has been a hard core fly fisherman for 50 years I loaned an extra rod too and showed him how to jig fish. He caught a nice 24.5" trout. Last night he calls me and was in the middle of setting up his own jigging rod set up. Another, convert see's the light. 😁

Troy, your "pig" looks like his teeth are in need of dentures.
That was a fantastic afternoon with delightful company. Congratulations

Wow, that looks like an awesome time fishing, and cherishing time with your daughter!

Excellent pictures, I think I know one of the fly fisherman that were skunked there ! :LOL:

Come on now. Snaggin' isn't fishin'. hahaha I'm ready for June 11 to get here...

hahah! I'm coming back home to snag a few the 15th. I try to do a trip every year to scratch my fishing itch.

How long have you been in Chugiak? I grew up there myself.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back