Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Dana Ranch Sold

JBS

http://www.duvalcountyranch.com/prices.html

The new owners of the Dana ranch sell deer by the inch on thier Texas Ranch. I am betting that the small amount of public hunting that was previously allowed will be stopped. Somehow I am thinking this is not going to help the oyo/diy sportsman.

http://www.duvalcountyranch.com/prices.html

The new owners of the Dana ranch sell deer by the inch on thier Texas Ranch. I am betting that the small amount of public hunting that was previously allowed will be stopped. Somehow I am thinking this is not going to help the oyo/diy sportsman.

OH NO!!!!!!!

This really sucks and is a huge loss to elk hunters. Sad sad sad.

Right at 95 bucks an inch for a 185.

Somehow I am thinking this is not going to help the oyo/diy sportsman

Good coffee talk for landowners mulling next season's lease rate increase.

Profit driven privatization is a MAJOR threat to our sport. Don't support it! It is not hunting to buy a damn deer. It's time to get serious about a boycott of businesses that support this (ala - Cabela's "Trophy" Properties).

"Guided wild quail hunts with dogs, lodging, and meals $750.00/day"

Holy cow!!!! Those better be some great meals!!!

good luck to all
the dog

At one time, Dave Cameron (now ex-owner Dana Ranch) stipulated that the buyer was required to continue with public access. That is why it took so long to sell. Let's hope that made it through negotiations.

Is it an absolute that it has sold? I've heard it sold the last three years I've been over there. Would hate to see the small amount of public access there was disappear.

Just checked the realtor website who had the Dana listed, and it is marked as "recently sold". Hope they continue the public access, but if the new owners are selling hunts like is listed above, I doubt we will see it.

Ben
Actual selling price is not available to the public but the ranch contanied: Deeded Acres: 45,058 Leased Acres: 14,255. So the deeded ground sold for something less than $1000/per acre. If you include the 14,255 of leased ground almost all of which is state the per acre price drops to closer to $750. all this assumes that the price paid was close to the asking price of 45 mill.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CZ452Scout
Back