Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Damn Dogs!!!!!

Hunterman

Why is it so damn hard for people to keep thier dogs at home :BLEEP: !!! I just had to put some 12ga. in three of them :MAD One was my neighbors dog :MAD !!! I hate to have to shoot them :( but they were in the pasture going for my new calf thats not even 24 hours old :MAD Looks like I'm going to have to zero the old Mod.94 hump

Hunterman(Tony)

Probly kill it most likely :mad: Its in thier nature...

It is the same neighbor that had the bad fence when the cows got out...

Hunterman(Tony)

I hate being a hard ass, but just because we live in the country, don't mean your dog can run a muck :MAD If my dogs got out and started to run someones animals,, then I would expect the samething...

Hunterman(Tony)

Even if i knew my dog well i dont blame person i would never let it out why u teach em not do those things u odnt let em means u really dont care about ur dog not u tony or yall dumb people who let em run wild where they deff shouldnt be and know tony not ur fault i hate to have done it to but chit happens what can ya say:)

If they would have stayed on the otherside of the fence, but when they come under the gate thats when I hung-up from ya :MAD

I got mama, and the calf on the upper pasture now...Mama found the straw and made her baby a nice bed under the fir trees...I walked them right by my dogs, and the dogs just stood there looking at them hump and then just walked off like they are nothing...

Hunterman(Tony)

I had this happen to me also, but I was the dog owner.

I didn't blame the farmer one bit. I felt awful, but I didn't blame him at all. Ginger, my Female Springer was an awesome bird dog. She would bust coveys left and right, not much on retrieving, but she could sure find birds. She was a little too curious one day and wandered off on a cattle ranch. I looked all over for her, but couldn't find her and all of a sudden I heard a gun shot and a yelp! Again, I felt awful, but I couldn't blame the rancher. I never found Ginger, but I understood why. I'm sure that she didn't hurt any of his live stock, but I'm also sure that she riled them up some.

It was a lesson learned. Sure miss that 'ol girl, but I have no one to blame but myself.

Dad you have told all the neighbors aroudn here what exactly was gonna happen if you caught the dog in the field with a calf. I guess some of our neighbors didn't believe you.
Quick Draw

Sorry to hear john but we sometimes let em get loose and chit happens i had same prob only with diff things:) i did love my dogs when i had em i was kid though

I'm not sure what the law is in your state, but its a two way street here... Better make sure your fences are in order...

I don't blame ya though. If you gave em fair warning that was all they should have needed. I'm not sure where he came from but we had a big azz golden retriever that used to get into our livestock especially during the spring when we were calving and lambing... He was a smart sucker... Never did get him, but tried quite a few times... I swear he could dodge a 22-250 slug!

Around here people either keep their dogs on a leash, or its to the pound they go. Now we can sure use the help at my work with some cats.

One year while deer hunting (day before black powder season) in unit 21 I saw 2 dogs chasing and nipping a year old calf. We were in the middle of some BLM land and about 1 mile from some ranch land. I had my .38 and chased of the dogs off but the point I wanted to make is the dogs were the rancher’s dogs and the calf was pretty tore up. These dogs tried to take the calf down not just work it back to some place. I wonder how many calves this ranchers dogs have taken down.

We have a "wild dog" problem around here too. Some "smart" people decided we needed them and paid millions of tax dollars to bring them in from Canada. They have been hard on the wildlife around here as well as the livestock. Wish we could just shoot them but there are stiff penelties for doing that. Oh well.....

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallguy
Back