Yeti GOBOX Collection

Custer Bison Draw

Trophy bison-$6506

Season Dates​

Hunters have a maximum of three consecutive days to hunt. Hunts are scheduled Monday through Friday excluding holidays. 3 days as scheduled beginning Nov. 21 to Dec. 30, 2022 excluding holidays and weekends. Hunts are scheduled with Custer State Park staff after the drawing, based on draw order. South Dakota Administrative Rule requires the hunter to be accompanied by a park representative during this three-day hunt. Your park representative will provide transportation in the field and locate this class animal for your selection. Field handling and transportation back to the buffalo corrals is included in your hunt. The carcass will be transferred to your vehicle.

South Dakota Administrative Rule requires the hunter to be guided during this three-day hunt. The park provides a guide, field transportation for the hunt, and field handling of the animal. The guide indicates which bulls are eligible, and approve the location that they may be shot. The area within the boundary of Custer State Park as designated by park staff is the hunting unit.

Non trophy bison- $3256

Season Dates​

Half-day as scheduled beginning October 26 - November 18, 2022 excluding holidays and weekends. Hunts are scheduled after the lottery drawing with Custer State Park staff based on draw order. South Dakota Administrative Rule requires the hunter to be accompanied by a park representative during this hunt. Your park representative will locate this class animal for your selection. Field handling and transportation back to the buffalo corrals is included in your hunt. The carcass will be transferred to your vehicle.

How those critters are eligible for B&C is beyond me. They’re pretty well contained to the park. Custer State park is a cool place, but I’ve always kind of thought of it more as a huge bear country than anything. I am curious if that money goes to the park or to game and fish. 6500 probably stocks a shitload of pheasants.

Edit: Bear country is a zoo like deal outside of rapid for those that don’t know.
Where’d you find this info? just curious, i’ve looked all over trying to find it.

Trophy bison-$6506

How those critters are eligible for B&C is beyond me. They’re pretty well contained to the park.​

ZBB:
I agree, I have asked how this "hunt" is different than going out to a private ranch and shooting a bison.

This herd is managed very similar to a ranch bison herd, they are rounded up annually and certain animals culled for selling. I am pretty sure they are fed in the winter like cattle.

It would be interesting to hear the justification from the Boone and Crockett Club.

ClearCreek

Where’d you find this info? just curious, i’ve looked all over trying to find it.

BDE8B4DA-5D44-45A4-8BE9-4761DD6675B0.jpeg
It’s under that tab. This is how it looks from my iPhone. I haven’t been on the website from a computer for a while so not sure how much different the screen looks. Then if you scroll down they have the non trophy bison page to click on and it’s under the same tab there.

Last year results were out by 1 Sept, I wonder what the hold up is this year.

Can I attempt to draw a Custer non-trophy bison tag and then donate the tag to a local Wounded Warrior organization?

I have several points and would like to donate the tag so a veteran can hunt in the event I ever draw. I appreciate the people that manage and work with these programs. Best of luck, TheGrayRider.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back