Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Curious what the Trump "Conservatin Charity" will be

It'll be surreal....*merriam-websters word of the year 2016

TRUMP & SONS PROPOSE TO SHOOT BALD EAGLES

It'll be surreal....*merriam-websters word of the year 2016

TRUMP & SONS PROPOSE TO SHOOT BALD EAGLES

Well, to start with, if you look at who is hosting the Access Peddling opportunity, you will find, surprise, surprise, Texans leading it....

, Dallas investor Gentry Beach, a Trump fundraiser who has long been one of Donald Trump Jr.’s closest friends

Then we have Tom Hicks, JR, son of Tom Hicks Sr, another wealthy Texan. What is Tom Hicks Jr's claim to fame, other than being the son of Tom Hicks Sr? Well, when the Hicks Clan owned the Liverpool soccer club, Tom Hicks Jr had to resign from the board.

Anger was also directed at the Hicks family when Tom Hicks' son, Tom Jr., had to resign from the Liverpool board of directors after sending an abusive e-mail to a Liverpool fan saying, "Blow me f&@k face. Go to hell. I'm sick of you
Edit: I tried to find a "spoiler" option on the forum software, so I could hide Mr. Hick's comments, but the forum software doesn't seem to allow.​

Then we have Mike Ingram, AZ Diamondbacks owner, and a AZ Land Developer (thru El Dorado Holdings) who would benefit greatly by AZ public lands being transferred and sold.
Landowners For Arizona's Economic Development Coalition said they represent about 200,000 acres of land set aside for master planned communities, though it would likely take decades to develop it. The coalition includes at least 11 developers such as El Dorado Holdings Inc. and Diamond Ventures Inc.
Gowan is running for Congress in Eastern Arizona’s 1st District and has received nearly $5,000 from developers El Dorado Holdings Inc. and Diamond Ventures Inc. to fund his congressional campaign.
Gowan was also seen sitting with Diamondbacks co-owner Mike Ingram, who founded El Dorado Holdings, for the team's opening day, but his spokeswoman Stephanie Grisham, said Gowan and Ingram only met briefly and did not know each other at the time the bill was crafted.

Mr. Ingram's pawn, David Gowan has this to say about Public Lands:
Our federal government is out of control and our Republican majority routinely fails to stand up to President Obama and his liberal policies. That weakness jeopardizes our economy and financial markets, our military and national security, and our health care and our veteran's health system. It puts our rural economies at risk because we feel the burdens placed on us by overregulation in areas like water, forest health, and public lands management.

Mr. Ingram's pawn David Gowan has actually LEAD the efforts to transfer Public Lands from the Federal Government.

The House Federalism and States’ Rights Committee heard testimony Wednesday encouraging Arizona to resist the designation of two, new national monuments.
House Speaker David Gowan, R-Sierra Vista, said he is tired of the federal government managing Arizona land. He also said the federal government already has enough land.
“We don’t need them to take more land," Gowan told the committee. "They need to give that land up to us so we can utilize that for the public good of our citizens."

Gowan is running for Congress in the 1st Congressional District where the monuments are located.
Arizona cannot tax federal land, so political leaders have long argued that the state should control the land so it can be taxed.

Opponents of federal land ownership assert the state could better manage the environment.

Gowan encouraged the committee to look at getting more federal land into state hands.
“We are always the beginning of the fight," Gowan said of Arizona. "We can take this to the federal government and give them our redresses. It has been done in the past."

Yep, looks like Donnie Trump Jr. is "palling around" with the Transfer Public Lands people.

Yep, the above guys are the ones selling access to Trump(s).

187.png

"I'm shocked I tell ya,just shocked!"
Maybe the guilted down fleecing fund refuge folks?

Last edited:
Hey, lay off the Texans. Some of America's best music comes from there. In addition to the most annoying football fans.

WOW! I guess two wrongs DO make a right, and now we can cite Hillary Clinton for what's good.

Just out of curiosity, what will be the response here if this money ends up in the bank of charities folks here are members of?

As peculiar as it is for a Republican DC event to be dedicated to conservation, I find it equally peculiar that so much is being made about this when nobody knows that the money won't end up being used for conservation. Are Republicans not allowed to have big dollar conservation fund raisers, the same as Hollywood does for environmental causes?

I had not heard of this event until Kat posted it. I think it is good to raise conservation in the eyes or the predominantly Republican attendees most likely to be on the invite list. I suspect it will raise money, probably a lot of money. And I hope that money ends up being used for conservation groups.

Maybe I am missing the point. If so, I suspect some will enlighten me. And if the point of contention is the cost of attendance, then I suggest people making that point have never seen the entrance fee for high-level DC/NYC/LA social and political events. Those prices insure that a net profit is made, which is usually the objective of a fundraising event, in this case, a conservation event.

As for the recently created charity, there are plenty of charities that are set up for a single event and then re-grant those net proceeds to a plethora of qualified 501(c)(3) organizations. Not sure I follow the "so they may be giving it to themselves" comment, when the link shows the organization to be a Nonprofit Corporation. I suspect Texas non-profit law is similar to every other state I deal with, where there are big problems with self-dealing and inurement to the Directors.

Thanks for making us aware of the event. What I see so far has me intrigued for the potential benefits to conservation.

I think it would be better to encourage donations directly to conservation organizations rather than holding some gala with who knows how much overhead.

What happens if they decide SFW or BGF are the "conservation charities" they donate proceeds to?

I'll withhold judgement until I see where the money goes. But, again, the Trump ties to Peay/Benson and Co. don't exactly give me a warm fuzzy...

Last edited:
What happens if they decide SFW or BGF are the "conservation charities" they donate proceeds to?

I'll withhold judgement until I see where the money goes. But, again, the Trump ties to Peay/Benson and Co. don't exactly give me a warm fuzzy...

It'll get reeeeaaaal western here on HT.

Maybe it will go to RMEF or TRCF,but I doubt it.
I know,I'm not a all bright and cheery, endless possibilities kinda guy. Anymore.
Just ask BF....LOL,but you are BF and I do have to give you credit for positive attitude, some grit,determination & maybe a vision of "that" speedgoat instead of a unicorn.
But you could be right,maybe.

Back