Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Crazy Fire Day

• Thread starter Deleted member 20812
  • Start date
Just got this notice from the HOA for my property near Bozeman. That address is less than 1/4 mile from my property. Lots of homes in that area. Hope it’s not bad!
Update on this. Apparently it was a structure fire. Firefighters have gotten it under control, and they brought in helicopters with water buckets to soak the area as a precaution. Had this happened early last week with the winds, likely would have been a very different result. It’s a heavily timbered area. Thanks to all the first responders out there! 🙏

Last edited:
Get off Facebook!

Seriously. Closed my Twitter a year ago, Instagram 6 months ago and deleted my Facebook account, which I'd had since the mid-2000s when it was a college thing, about 6 weeks ago. Told my family if they wanted to "share" something with me to do it over email, the phone, or in person.

Haven't missed it one iota.

Also, haven't heard from anyone in my extended family since. :ROFLMAO:

Seriously. Closed my Twitter a year ago, Instagram 6 months ago and deleted my Facebook account, which I'd had since the mid-2000s when it was a college thing, about 6 weeks ago. Told my family if they wanted to "share" something with me to do it over email, the phone, or in person.

Haven't missed it one iota.

Also, haven't heard from anyone in my extended family since. :ROFLMAO:

I never did get a Facebook account dont tweet don’t Twitter don’t Snapchat or any of that other crap and I think it was a good decision, I came really close to doing Facebook six years ago after my divorce , I set it up and And try to do all the privacy settings for very limited friendships and somehow the first friend request I get is from my ex-wife and I said nope, I’m done, deleted it and haven’t gone back !!!! Ha ha ha

Last edited:
That'll buff out! Sorry for all the losses. Has to be hard to go look around. Lives are the important thing. Everything else is just stuff.

Damn gouch, those photos are sobering. So sorry, but I agree with what Dave N wrote and am glad you all made it out safely.

It rained up here pretty good today. I’ve never been so thankful for rain.

@gouch Very sorry to see the aftermath you guys are dealing with. I was born and raised in the valley, have lots of family there. Still can’t wrap my head around what has happened. I know it sounds so cliche but it is certainly no small thing to know that you and your loved ones at least came through uninjured and are together. Best of luck in weathering the storm.

That'll buff out!
It's kinda strange when you see stuff like this on TV news you tend to feel really bad for the people involved and in the back of your mind all you can say is thank God it wasn't me. Of course the news media works hard to find some whiney cry baby and a few big eyed little kids to tug at your heart strings but that's not the real picture. Meeting my neighbors for the first time yesterday jokes like, that'll buff out, Love what you've done with the place and whose you decorator? were common ice breakers. Most are just taking it in stride, the spilt milk thing. Even those big eyed little kids are pretty tough and are doing pretty good with it. It's a pain in the butt for sure and going forward it's going to be a pain in the butt for a while, I'm guessing. Everyone say's "It's just stuff" and that really hits home when it's you. You realize that you really didn't care as much about about that stuff as you thought you did. Like my my daughter who lost her house told me with a smile. "It kinda sucks loosing everything but on the other hand, I get all new stuff now." We were joking about all the ratty furniture and all sorts of junk we had been putting off getting rid of because it was a big hassle to deal with getting rid of it. Now it's gone, no problem. What I miss most is the 18 quarts of applesauce, 12 half gallon jars of pickles, countless jars of jams and jellies, all the frozen bags of green beans, corn, swiss chard and spinach and all the pumpkins and squash ready to be harvested in the garden. Stuff I had a hand in creating. Didn't have any wild game in the freeze yet, other than a couple of packages of trout, so at least I didn't loose any of that. It's like what my doctor said when he told me I had prostate cancer "This is just another thing in life you have to deal with" That's all this is, just another thing in life to deal with, same as we all have been doing all our lives.

It's kinda strange when you see stuff like this on TV news you tend to feel really bad for the people involved and in the back of your mind all you can say is thank God it wasn't me. Of course the news media works hard to find some whiney cry baby and a few big eyed little kids to tug at your heart strings but that's not the real picture. Meeting my neighbors for the first time yesterday jokes like, that'll buff out, Love what you've done with the place and whose you decorator? were common ice breakers. Most are just taking it in stride, the spilt milk thing. Even those big eyed little kids are pretty tough and are doing pretty good with it. It's a pain in the butt for sure and going forward it's going to be a pain in the butt for a while, I'm guessing. Everyone say's "It's just stuff" and that really hits home when it's you. You realize that you really didn't care as much about about that stuff as you thought you did. Like my my daughter who lost her house told me with a smile. "It kinda sucks loosing everything but on the other hand, I get all new stuff now." We were joking about all the ratty furniture and all sorts of junk we had been putting off getting rid of because it was a big hassle to deal with getting rid of it. Now it's gone, no problem. What I miss most is the 18 quarts of applesauce, 12 half gallon jars of pickles, countless jars of jams and jellies, all the frozen bags of green beans, corn, swiss chard and spinach and all the pumpkins and squash ready to be harvested in the garden. Stuff I had a hand in creating. Didn't have any wild game in the freeze yet, other than a couple of packages of trout, so at least I didn't loose any of that. It's like what my doctor said when he told me I had prostate cancer "This is just another thing in life you have to deal with" That's all this is, just another thing in life to deal with, same as we all have been doing all our lives.
Sure have to love your attitude sir! Hoping the best for you and your family. As they say, "you've got a LONG row to hoe". Best of luck with all!

Thank you all for your thought and prayers. People have been real nice through all this and very generous. So much so that my wife has been giving away stuff and money people have been giving us to people she feels are more needing of it. That's all right I guess, since we don't have much room for a lot of stuff right now anyway, although there is plenty of room in my bank account, I guess she hasn't figured that out yet. My BIL on the other hand is sending me a .50 cal. Hawkins. I do have plenty of room for that sort of stuff... Just sayin.;)
I realized something yesterday, It is a good idea to store your ammo in metal containers or in the safe. I found a shell casing in my back yard, .270 or maybe 7mm, hard to tell. I own neither. Got me to thinking that it would sure suck to be a fire fighter trying to save some ones home and get beaned right between the eyes by a flying .300 mag shell casing.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back