Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

CPW Commission updating 80/20 allocation

I thought the survey was sent out to get a feeling what the members and non members prefer? They then present the results to the CDOW/CWC based on the survey. What am I missing other than some rifle guys whining about bow hunters?

Any intel on whether the Hybrid draw hunt codes will also expand to include the updated 3-year look back (versus the 2007-2009 draws they currently use)? As it’s not mentioned, I assume no, but they applied the same criteria for those tags.

i am curious about this too.

but also, i don't even know what the criteria is for the hybrid codes to begin with... i feel like they were hand chosen?

i am curious about this too.

but also, i don't even know what the criteria is for the hybrid codes to begin with... i feel like they were hand chosen?
Same as the allocation criteria.

However, most of the RFW tags (eg, about half of the hunt codes on the list below) don’t generate a hybrid tag in the draw since there are so few of them per hunt code.

186CC9B4-BBD6-4C29-BA82-66D21D45BCD8.jpeg

However, most of the RFW tags (eg, about half of the hunt codes on the list below) don’t generate a hybrid tag in the draw since there are so few of them per hunt code.

View attachment 264705

oh that's right. it's 10. i've probably read that page 5 times now and forgot.

Where'd you get this? After seeing the screenshot I thought the 2023 would be online, but still not available.
I was in a CPW focus group regarding preference points last year. They’ve been sending the attendees updates since then. I received that document via email yesterday. It didn’t say to keep it confidential so I posted it up.

I replied to the person that sent me the email to point out the issue with the unit 61 2nd - 4th rifle float but haven’t heard anything back yet.

Here is the data the Commission used when deciding what alternative to move forward.

If the 80/20 hunt codes were updated using the last 3 years of draw statistics and the existing 6 R PP or greater criteria, it would result in a $75,000 financial loss. If they include bear and pronghorn, which currently have no R/NR allocation split, it would be an $86,000 loss.

The rule-making notice says they will be considering to add the R/NR allocation split to bear and pronghorn, and changing the 80/20 cutoff to those hunt codes that take R 10 or more PP to draw. By their analysis, this will result in a "slight revenue gain," as there would be more bear and pronghorn licenses issued to NR, AND more elk licenses to NR!

Updating the hunt code list using the current 6+ PP criteria would result in 468 additional R deer licenses and 790 additional R elk licenses.
Their proposal to update using a 10+ PP criteria will result in 53 additional R deer licenses and 200 fewer R elk licenses.

Meanwhile, CPW had a budget surplus of $52 million on the wildlife side last FY.

How can residents not be beating down the door of the Commission with this proposal?

View attachment 244819
Comes down to MONEY!

View attachment 264705
They updated the hybrid tags to the latest 3 years, with a 1 year lag, for tags that took 10 or more points to draw. Finally!!!776BA45C-D1C5-4238-A4E1-A3C4B59D121A.jpeg

I was hoping for 80/20, but I’ll take 75 ha

No cuts to NR OTC?
Their poll choices were 75/25 across the board or 90/10 high demand and 65/35 regular. I knew we were sunk when it came out. The 75/35 is going to hose high point Rs saving up for the diamond hunt codes, but will result in quite a bit more opportunity. It would be worth the effort to check to make sure there are not any weird quirks with a 75/25 allocation in low quota units with the 10%+10% LPP and hybrid.

I think they are saving the OTC discussion for the 5-year season structure.

As a nonresident I know my opinion does not mean much but that seems more than fair to nonresidents.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back