Coyotes

Pygmy

A neighbor/hunting buddy of mine was on his way to work yesterday morning on a rural dirt road and saw ONE HALF of a whitetail fawn in the road...

Coyotes, no doubt...This is the "happy time" for the 'yotes...Lots of newborn fawns, turkey poults, and other young, easy to catch wildlife makes easy pickin's for them...

To make things WORSE, the State of New York, in its INFINITE wisdom, has a closed season on coyotes...Can't legally shoot the bastards between the end of March and the first of October...

Are there any other states that have a season for 'yotes..?? Most places I've hunted have open season year round for the varmints...

Depends on what county you're in here... Some are open year round and others apparently don't have a big enough population to warent an open season... Go figure that they game department would actually "manage" coyote populations... but in all fairness we could probably use a few extra yotes around here anyway. the deer are friggn thick!!!

Arizona has a season for song dogs.. They are only legal to shoot from 1 July until 30 June. Other than that, it's closed season.. unlike prairie dogs which are now protected from 30 March until 15 July or some such..

:cool:

Marv... :D ...

I would NEVER think of taking the law into my own hands and applying vigilante justice... :rolleyes: ....

HOWEVER it is legal to shoot the critters in defense of property or livestock...

WAIT a minute...!!... I think one o'them varmints just looked CROSSEYED at one of my wife's DONKEYS... :eek: ....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisb970
Back