Covid Points Creep “Whiplash?”

I don't play the points game, so my opinion is probably less than useless, but I think it would be entertaining if points randomly reset to 0 at least once a decade.

Initiative 10 revised the statutes. It was not a constitutional amendment, and could be changed by the legislature or popular vote (haha and haha).
Gotcha, I miss typed/spoke

oof, yeah passed with 70% of the vote.

I guess my question comes back to how points creep affects those who are not just “point buyers,” or those going for max point or high point units. I’m really more interested in how it affects guys who look to get a few points in order to get a little better unit in relation to 0 or 1 point units. Is the points creep linear across all of the unit types, or does it affect one type or another more?

I know some folks who have a ton of CO elk points with no plans to ever use them, but put in for another every year. They say that they may eventually go for a trophy unit, but I guess my mentality is to get into a unit with a little better access or lower pressure by using 2-3 points for a better quality hunt.

Maybe I’m not making much sense as I type this while watching Davy Crockett with my 5 year old.

I guess my question comes back to how points creep affects those who are not just “point buyers,” or those going for max point or high point units. I’m really more interested in how it affects guys who look to get a few points in order to get a little better unit in relation to 0 or 1 point units. Is the points creep linear across all of the unit types, or does it affect one type or another more?

I know some folks who have a ton of CO elk points with no plans to ever use them, but put in for another every year. They say that they may eventually go for a trophy unit, but I guess my mentality is to get into a unit with a little better access or lower pressure by using 2-3 points for a better quality hunt.

Maybe I’m not making much sense as I type this while watching Davy Crockett with my 5 year old.
Depends on the tag, some tags are actually getting easier to draw.

WY pronghorn, the entire state is basically creeping as there is generally a lot more interest in pronghorn than there was 10 years ago. Elk is similar I believe.

CO elk, outside of the trophy units I feel like is kinda stable.

Depends on the tag, some tags are actually getting easier to draw.

WY pronghorn, the entire state is basically creeping as there is generally a lot more interest in pronghorn than there was 10 years ago. Elk is similar I believe.

CO elk, outside of the trophy units I feel like is kinda stable.
Agreed. WY pronghorn has gotten out of hand. Takes multiple years to get in units that were no brainers.

My wife and I have 5pts, I was looking at units the other day and was like... well chiiiiiit.
I am a dumbass that applies every year in Wyoming. I have drawn antelope and elk tags before.

I am now the guy with 13 antelope points as I have been busy hunting other places. I am also the guy whose drew a great archery elk hunt with four points that bitches that I can’t draw it again with nine...

Anyhow, I am going antelope hunting this fall and will retire afterward (in Wyoming anyhow), lol.

These say something . . .
3A922304-7786-4A80-97EC-0EB5A3460868.jpeg80B93EAF-D95A-4052-B947-064FD81B428A.png
For those that can’t read the fine print - a 20% increase is going to be brutal for creep.

Last edited:
Gw0Px.gif

But these numbers are pretty wild. I'm done "building" PPs in Wyoming, not worth it. I'd rather hunt more often than not.

My wife and I have 5pts, I was looking at units the other day and was like... well chiiiiiit.
Same for me. I have 5 points and was looking forward to having a choice of very good units. Guess with the special draw will still get to have a great hunt.

Last edited:
Yep, glad I started building points when I did but my first preference point hunts for deer, elk and antelope are likely to be my last.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back