Caribou Gear Tarp

Covid-19 Data, Models, References - NO DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mayo Clinic living up to their outstanding reputation.....

Some honest discussion from medical and economic expert from Stanford. Discusses what we know and more importantly what we don't know at this time. Also discusses an antibody testing study he hopes to have the results from in a few weeks.

HooverInstitution

Recorded on March 27, 2020 Dr. Jay Bhattacharya is a professor of medicine at Stanford University. He is a research associate at the National Bureau of Economic Research and a senior fellow at both the Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research and the Stanford Freeman Spogli Institute.

Mayo Clinic living up to their outstanding reputation.....

UPMC doing some great work as well.

The WHO has come under intense scrutiny in recent days over its initial efforts to downplay the severity of the novel coronavirus, including in a Jan. 14 tweet stating that ”preliminary investigations conducted by the Chinese authorities have found no clear evidence of human-to-human transmission” of the virus.

Definitely not an overreach. Nothing to worry about.

Of the top of my head there is probably precedent for that, and going to a judge to get it done is the right way to do it. I’d have bigger problem with it if a mayor or police chief did it.

If the net number of masks available in the US would actually decrease then we should be asking why other countries want to sell us their masks and then buy ours. Makes no sense. Something doesn’t add up.

Are ours better?

Are they claiming that a country that has no interest in buying our masks is going to retaliate because we aren’t sending our masks to some third country?

Italy didn’t seem to mind offering the Chinese more money for a bunch of masks the US ordered.

Last edited:

The WHO has come under intense scrutiny in recent days over its initial efforts to downplay the severity of the novel coronavirus, including in a Jan. 14 tweet stating that ”preliminary investigations conducted by the Chinese authorities have found no clear evidence of human-to-human transmission” of the virus.
I am absolutely all for a top to bottom investigation of EVERYTHING regarding the WHO and US responses to this virus. That said, we probably better wait until we have it contained and are back to normal life, because according to Mitch the Repubs can't walk and chew gum at the same time. There are a whole host of questions that need asked and answered that involve a lot of people, and on both sides of the aisle.

I am absolutely all for a top to bottom investigation of EVERYTHING regarding the WHO and US responses to this virus. That said, we probably better wait until we have it contained and are back to normal life, because according to Mitch the Federal Gov't cant walk and chew gum at the same time. There are a whole host of questions that need asked and answered that involve a lot of people, and on both sides of the aisle.
Fixed it

No, you didn't. Mitch and his crew are the ones publicly saying they were too distracted by impeachment to take the COVID threat seriously. Not sure what anyone else's excuse was.

Edit: As an aside, everyone in DC really should just STFU for now and work and getting the economy onto and off of life support. There will be plenty of tme to sort stuff out later. I would LOVE to be a part of that commission that does the after action investigation and report.

Last edited by a moderator:
And if it were a democratic president being impeached, the dems would have been too preoccupied. This is why I hate politics, the finger pointing, and hypocrisy gets nobody anywhere.

And if it were a democratic president being impeached, the dems would have been too preoccupied. This is why I hate politics, the finger pointing, and hypocrisy gets nobody anywhere.

And if horses could fly,,I'd love to ride one.

Nothing was misquoted about McConnell. Although, he was trying to blame Democrats for distracting them and the President. Although a few, including a Democrat, weren't so distracted that they couldn't sell stocks before the $hit hit the fan.

Also, politics is how every society resolves their differences as best as they can.

No, you didn't. Mitch and his crew are the ones publicly saying they were too distracted by impeachment to take the COVID threat seriously. Not sure what anyone else's excuse was.

Edit: As an aside, everyone in DC really should just STFU for now and work and getting the economy onto and off of life support. There will be plebnty of tie to sort stuff out later. I would LOVE to be a part of that commission that does the after action investigation and report.

Why did we bring politics into this?

Why did we bring politics into this?
Ignore it.

I didn't bring politics into this. I made a pragmatic observation out the challenges some have admitted to in public of balancing tasks at the same time. Ironically enough, those would by the same folks who want to launch an inquiry into the WHO right now, when we have far bigger fish to fry, like working on stimulus and health care legislation to get us through the next six months.

Plenty of political blame to go around but this isn’t the thread for it. If somebody wants to start one, I’ll do some nut kicking to both parties. But please don’t do it here.

I am absolutely all for a top to bottom investigation of EVERYTHING regarding the WHO and US responses to this virus. That said, we probably better wait until we have it contained and are back to normal life, because according to Mitch the Repubs can't walk and chew gum at the same time. There are a whole host of questions that need asked and answered that involve a lot of people, and on both sides of the aisle.
Our experts like Dr. Fauci relied on information from the WHO. They were mislead. That cost our country and the world valuable time to address this virus. This should never happen again. That was the point of my link.

Our experts like Dr. Fauci relied on information from the WHO. They were mislead. That cost our country and the world valuable time to address this virus. This should never happen again. That was the point of my link.
Yep, I understand that. I thought my first sentence pretty well implied I think the WHO response is questionable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back