Couple’s getaway ideas

I can only help you out by definitely ruling out any such thought of a trip to Ohio. (n)
YARN | We'd all like to flee to the Cleve and club-hop down ...

Sounds like some sounds like New England would be a good region. I hear there’s loads of sleepy towns full of bed & breakfasts, boutiques and antique shops. I don’t know any towns by name, though, as I fell asleep the moment I heard them described.

Have you thought about jumping the boarder and heading up to Lake Louise? Shopping is limited to small boutiques, but scenery and outdoor activities are unlimited. Plus you get an “international” angle without the 10 hr flight.

I would suggest New Orleans for the food, music, shops and the tours including airboats. But July and August are pretty dang humid!

Looking for a 4 day getaway with the wife. And I absolutely have no idea. We live in iowa so flying would probably be the easiest. I just dont Want to feel too guilty when I elk hunt in September. Something short and sweet. If I could find a place with lots of boutiques and shops in a beautiful landscape she would be happy and therefore I would be happy. As long as I can endure lol
Aye, fellow Iowan myself. If you had a couple more days I would say viking cruises might be up your alley. None around here though. What areas are you looking at going? Local, West coast, east coast, south, canada?
Have you heard her say anything about where she has wanted to go through conversation?
And of course what's your budget?

Aye, fellow Iowan myself. If you had a couple more days I would say viking cruises might be up your alley. None around here though. What areas are you looking at going? Local, West coast, east coast, south, canada?
Have you heard her say anything about where she has wanted to go through conversation?
And of course what's your budget?
Viking just started doing tours on the Upper Mississippi. https://www.vikingrivercruises.com/...VTefjBx0wxwKlEAAYASAAEgJop_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

I would suggest New Orleans for the food, music, shops and the tours including airboats. But July and August are pretty dang humid!
Lived there for about 8 yrs. If anyone needs any tips, just let me know. My favorite months down there were Oct and April…wasn’t too humid during those times.

Rosemary Beach FL is a nice spot. They have a cool hotel(The Pearl) that overlooks the gulf. It’s not cheap, but my wife loved the spa, shopping, beach lounging/etc.

If you have never been to the Oregon coast. It’s hard to beat in summer. Lots of great places. Just don’t stop in Portland.

Quebec City was a good couples getaway for us. Short flights from IA, and it's as close to being in France as you can get without the transatlantic flight. French speaking (w plenty of English speakers too), French food, LOTS of boutiques shopping, history and culture etc. That's a 4 day trip likely to earn quality kitchen passes.
Second this one. I used to atlantic salmon fish in Gaspe the first week of June every year. For a few years, Id tell my wife she should meet me after fishing for a long weekend in the city and shed respond with basically a meh. I finally got her to meet me one year and still 10 years later she mentions this trip from time to time and how much she loved the city. Its really a wonderful small city. Id recommend renting a car - Ile d'Orleans is a really nice drive a short distance out of the city with some wonderful cheesemakers (❤️ cheese!) and eateries, and Jacque Cartier National Park is a short drive out of the city with some amazing scenery and wonderful hikes.

Second this one. I used to atlantic salmon fish in Gaspe the first week of June every year. For a few years, Id tell my wife she should meet me after fishing for a long weekend in the city and shed respond with basically a meh. I finally got her to meet me one year and still 10 years later she mentions this trip from time to time and how much she loved the city. Its really a wonderful small city. Id recommend renting a car - Ile d'Orleans is a really nice drive a short distance out of the city with some wonderful cheesemakers (❤️ cheese!) and eateries, and Jacque Cartier National Park is a short drive out of the city with some amazing scenery and wonderful hikes.
Third this, we had a great time even in icy January. The city was built to fire cannons into ships coming up the river, so the citadel is awesome to see. And there's museums and French Canadians and it feels like you're a million miles away

Whatever you do when your spouse or girlfriend asks where your going on vacation don't say “ How is it a vacation for me if your going along” Don't ask me how I know this.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oras
Back