Couple’s getaway ideas

Butcher

Looking for a 4 day getaway with the wife. And I absolutely have no idea. We live in iowa so flying would probably be the easiest. I just dont Want to feel too guilty when I elk hunt in September. Something short and sweet. If I could find a place with lots of boutiques and shops in a beautiful landscape she would be happy and therefore I would be happy. As long as I can endure lol

Idk bout the shopping part, but an all inclusive resort where you don’t have to do anything is money for my wife. Dominican Republic or Mexico. You can find some super good deals w Groupon. Like 100$ per night all food included type deals. Just don’t eat washed fruit or drink the water😂

Not a Disney guy, not a cruise guy either. However, took one for the team and did a Disney cruise to appease the family. Absolutely blown away with the service and experience. No kids required, lots of stuff for adults to do. Amazing experience and glad I begrudgingly went. Now I get my hunting time and win a ton of brownies points by committing to do another.

It was so easy and the food was excellent. This is the easy button answer to your question.

Go to Bozeman. It is an easy 2.5 hr flight from Minneapolis on Delta. Scenery is beautiful, downtown and surrounding area has plenty of small shop options and if you want to do anything outdoors the opportunities are endless nearby. There is a reason folks are flocking there.

Don't stay on the island, not really much to do, costs a lot and smells like horse crap everywhere... :)
I’ll second that. It’s fine to see but not all it’s cracked up to be. I had the “pleasure” of building a horse barn on the island… that island life ain’t for me. The rest of the UP has some cool stuff, though. Mine tour in Houghton/Hancock (I think it’s still there), some of the springs and falls and Great Lakes stuff is cool.

I’ll definitely recommend the Black Hills/Badlands again, too. We’ll actually be out there similar timeframe- third time with kids and 7? Time total. Wind Cave and Jewel Cave are amazing, Custer State Park is basically Yellowstone Jr (my kids LOVE it, we stay right at the park). Lots of good eateries around, great sights, some touristy stuff- some good some bad.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back